Odds and Ends

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slight mod, Rusty. If kids today grew up with super-heros like we did, this wouldn't be necessary.

break-glass Bat phone emergency call 800.jpg

Oh, the tree stuff is oh-so-familiar. That is why tree cutting should be left to experts.

that's what an old girlfriend of mine said. Amazing how much damage (pruning) you can do with a 12 inch bar :D

Yeah. Although, some of it was not really the fault of the people-- like when the trees were rotted inside and started splitting apart. But, the way they used the ropes wasn't right. The arborists who trimmed up my 400-year-old oak tree used a series of ropes and had them tethered to a winch on their truck. There were some close calls with some of the branches, but they made sure to cut the higher ones off in smaller chunks and guide them down carefully-- with a couple people holding one end of the rope through a pulley and the other tethered to the winch. The guy with the chainsaw made sure to slow down when he was almost through to give the rope guys time to start pulling.

Even before I had tree branches crush 5 of my vehicles, the car port, and my barn, I knew the danger of trees. My high school counselor's parents were killed by a falling tree limb when they were sitting together on their porch.

I love that song! I still remember when Mulder got Scully to sing it to him on the X-Files. LOL.

I've seen parts of the newer episodes. The show was weird before, but it got weirder.

Girl at the bank today said if she is not at the window i will need to show to forms of id because of all the fraud going on..

Just a heads up ..

Speaking of banks, someone who owes my mother money wants her bank account # and routing # to direct deposit the $ to her bank as he gets his paychecks in. I don't want to share the info over the internet bc I'm concerned it might get stolen. I don't know how "dangerous" it is for people to have that info.

Latest posts

Back