Odds and Ends

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
president

president.jpg

This is a true story: When I was in high school, some of the students in my Geometry class were very disruptive. One day, due to complaints from other students, the principal decided to slip in through the back door of the classroom (there were two doors on the side-- one at the front and one at the back). He came in partway through class and most of the students didn't notice. The spoiled brat kids were on their usual behavior while the teacher was grinning from ear to ear. He didn't even try to get them to be quiet like he usually did because he knew the principal would get to see what he had to put up with all the time.

I saw the principal when he came in and smiled and waved, so I was highly amused. He was sitting directly behind one of the worst-behaved kids (a kid nicknamed "Sylver"). As class was about to end, several of Sylver's friends saw the principal, Mr. Doran and started trying to get Sylver to be quiet. Class ended and Sylver was still being a jerk while his friends were saying "Sylver! MR. DORAN--" at which point Sylver stood up (and so did Mr. Doran) while saying "What? Mr. Doran can suck my---" then he turned around and found himself face-to-face with Mr. Doran. I thought he was going to jump out of his skin. Mr. Doran was grinning and said "I can do what now?" I don't remember what happened next because I was laughing too hard. Sylver didn't misbehave in class ever again, and I high-fived Mr. Doran the next time I saw him.

I've never found clowns scary, but Tim Curry as Pennywise was creepy as hell.

Latest posts

Back