Odds and Ends

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trail

14731128_1528299860530446_8961945334319152507_n.jpg

Some people have commented that the little town I live near seems like something out of a soap opera almost. My brother works at the local food place and he told me about something that happened the other night. It was about 15 minutes before closing (they will generally start to shut the ovens down 30 minutes before closing and have to turn them back on if someone orders something). Some drunk guy called and the shift lead, Henry, answered. The guy was yelling and carrying on and said he wanted to order a pizza. Henry informed him that they only had thin crusts left to make pizza. The guy shouted F*** YOU!" and hung up. A few minutes later the same guy called back and a different employee answered. The guy screamed and swore about how stupid the employees were and that he wanted to speak with the supervisor. The annoyed employee said "One moment..." and hung up on the guy. Guy called back a few more times, each time screaming at the employees and saying he was going to come down there and see them and he was going to have them fired, etc. On call #6, the employee said "Too f***ing bad!" and hung up. Not the most professional way to deal with him, but the guy was beyond reason.

Right before closing, the drunk guy stumbled in and started shouting and swearing. He demanded to see the supervisor. So Henry walked up and politely spoke to the guy. The guy snapped a photo of him, called him a n***er and told him he was going to report him to the offices in Florida and have him fired. Then the dude started shouting "Let's go outside! I'll kick your ass! Come one! If you come outside I'll kick your ass!" and went out the door. Little side bit: Henry is an amateur MMA fighter. Henry set his hat down and followed right behind the guy. Henry stood right near the door with his hands behind his back. The guy realized he'd come outside and backed away toward his car and started shouting at him "What do you want?" Henry said "Sir, you told me to come outside so I came outside." The guy got nervous and said "You won't do anything! You're a Then the guy started looking around the parking lot and saw one of the employee's boyfriends and shouted out to him "He's a ! Look at him! He's just a He won't do anything!" and then retreated into his vehicle and left. The boyfriend was trying to figure out WTF was going on. Henry just laughed and went back inside.

I really wish I'd been there to see the look on the dude's face when Henry went outside though.

Latest posts

Back