Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with the browse tab? On my droid it prompts me to go to live camera/video but not the gallery?:confused:

A picture from last summer

014.jpg

That must be what the dry central and eastern part of our state looks like with all the fires. Lots of lightning over there during the past month.

What's with those funky looking street lights................ reminds me of Orson Wells War of the Worlds. :D

Were you singing in the rain? ...........er, monsoon?

IMG_20140802_145719_953Wall of water singing in the rain.jpg

What's with those funky looking street lights................ reminds me of Orson Wells War of the Worlds. :D

Were you singing in the rain? ...........er, monsoon?

Oh I was singing when I hit the wall. Wipers on full blast and could barely see the car in front at 20 mph.

War of the worlds space ship, great long term memory High, they sure do!

I should have stopped and shot a panarama as the clouds rain shaft was several mile long.

war of the worlds ship.jpg

Last edited:
When going onto a curved bridge on the highway, y'all pay attention.

080414.hwy101_shinglehouse.1.jpg

080414.hwy101_shinglehouse.1.jpg

The accident happened shortly after I got on the highway at this location this morning about 10am. The right bridge is two lanes heading south and the left two lanes go north.
On the way home about 4pm, there were still cones on the highway and the tow truck was lifting the truck over the concrete barrier as I went by. (yes it was a big tow truck) ;)
The truck's trailer was loaded with wood chips and headed into town to offload it's cargo to a chip pile by the bay. Usually the chips go by cargo ships to China............. these chips will take a few years to get there, at the discretion the wind and ocean currents. :D
The truck driver was taken to the hospital, but I guess he's OK. That's got to be quite a drop at 50MPH. If he had been hurt worse and this happened at night, passing traffic wouldn't have been able to see the truck.
Looking at the cab as I drove by, I didn't think it was survivable. The drivers side was nasty looking. The trailers on these trucks are a lot larger than the crumpled mess you see in the photos.............. and this was one sharp looking tractor trailer rig. The trucking company is a rocks throw from a carpet store I do work for. All their trucks are show worthy............ 'cept this one.

I didn't take the photos.
http://pdxtraffic.blogspot.com/2014/08/preliminary-information-minor-injury.html

Last edited:
Did he take the turn to fast and fall off the bridge or did he drive in between them and tip? It looks like the guard rail is missing at the end of the gully.
We had an oil tanker go over the rail of a bridge and it landed on the road below last winter and caught fire. He was carrying crude. It still stinks to high heaven when you go by the spot. He walked away from it. The bad part is the bridge was just replaced last summer. Now they get to do it all over again as the fire damaged the bridge.

Daris

Did he take the turn to fast and fall off the bridge or did he drive in between them and tip? It looks like the guard rail is missing at the end of the gully.
We had an oil tanker go over the rail of a bridge and it landed on the road below last winter and caught fire. He was carrying crude. It still stinks to high heaven when you go by the spot. He walked away from it. The bad part is the bridge was just replaced last summer. Now they get to do it all over again as the fire damaged the bridge.

Daris
The guard rail starts before the cement part of the bridge, and he took out a bunch of it. I'm thinking he rode the cement barrier for a while.

From the bottom of the picture where the trees are, the roadway starts sloping downward as you enter into the turn over the bridge, and the turn is sharper than it looks as you are driving at 50mph. Must have been a hairy ride.

Daris Shinglehouse wreck comment.jpg

Latest posts

Back