Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be young:)

10847880_757710764299596_8905647787796377832_n.jpg

Lens from the Umpqua River lighthouse, about 20 miles north of me. Not a lot of lighthouses still functioning these days. Kind of sad seeing this sort of coastal history go by the wayside.

Untitled-Scanned-01 Umpqua Light house lens PS_filtered 850.jpg

Look close. The lady in red is 'conducting' the wave action. Photo is from 1988. When conditions are just right, the wave bursts at this spot can be fantastic................ and no, the wave doesn't hit anyone.......... very often :D

Untitled-Scanned-02 Wave burst red lady PS_filtered 800.jpg

High, I think many of your photos would sell if marketed right.

I enjoyed the weekends I spent taking the photos, but never had a clue how to market the images. Selling, organizing and the business end of photography is 95% of the job........... taking photos was more like stress management for me.
Here's another of the waves. This place is well known and they don't happen very often. Conditions have to be just right.
The really big ones go way back to where the arrow is pointed........ ask me how I know. When the wave lands on you, and the water is a foot deep on it's way back to the ocean....................... you were too close.;) And we were standing as far in as that arrow is pointed. The wave probably went over our heads 50 feet beyond where we were standing. That was a bit scary. The ocean was flat that day, and where that wave came from has me baffled to this day.
The point where people are standing never gets hit. The waves fall beyond that point.

Untitled-Scanned-08 Waveburst Red lady 2PS_filtered800.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-08 Waveburst Red lady 2PS_filteredwitharrow.jpg

I read a long time ago that even tho it's been sunny for days, a photographer not familiar with the area would never think of, or even know about a heavy rainstorm in the hills 20 or 30 miles away, turning all that underground beauty into a rushing sewer drain with no way to get out.
...............and then there's vandalism. Spray paint "artists" and kids carving their names or dirty words into the stone................and beer cans etc.

Latest posts

Back