Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new friend. We rescued her from the Humane Society. She is such a sweetheart. Took to me and won't leave my side, which I wanted as I wanted a "truck dog" one that could ride with me in my pickum up. Her name is Coco. The one picture she is at my feet as I type this. She jumped up in my lap on her own as soon as I set down in the recliner. I love her already.

Daris

P1010005.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010010.jpg

I dug up a Christmas oldie from 1993. Me and Gramps. He was the one that taught me the trade. He passed on quite a while back.
Being Christmas, and owning a scanner, I was looking through the hundreds and hundreds of Grandpa and Grandma's old images and came across this one. I never posed for many photos. Most are boring blurry images taken in the frenzy of opening presents.
I kinda liked this one. ......................I had hair on the top of my head. :D
I also really noticed for the first time, the size difference between us. I always knew that I was taller, but this photograph says more than I remember. It looks really strange to me. I never really though about our difference in size. At 6'3, I really never even think much about my height being different that anyone elses. I guess if I was 6'11" I might have noticed more.
He was a calm, passionate, caring teacher.
At my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary, my younger cousin spoke and gave them a toast. He called them, "Them Rock" Meaning that they were the rock that held the family together. They were. No matter what they, or others were dealt with in life and matter the difficulties encountered............. they always seemed to be unfazed and didn't worry about things.
I present to you, 1/2 of ............ "the rock" He was my formal life educator in this trade, and in teaching me the proper etiquette when dealing with customers/clients.
He was the Master if you will. I was simply speaking, "Grasshopper"
I'm having some good memories tonight after looking through a very tiny portion of the photos Grandpa and Grandma took over the years.
Thank you Gramps............. for the wonderful memories.

Gramps and me Christmas 1993_filtered.jpg

Never really knew my grandparents. Both grandfathers died when I was about 2. One grandmother died when I was about 12 but she was sick all the time. The only one I really knew was my mother's mother, she died when I was 18.

My grandparents raised me from when I was 3 to 12 and then my mom had remarried and I went to live with her and my stepdad. He was an alcoholic and we didn't really care all that much for me. My grandmother was a strict disciplinarian which was good. My grandfather was religious and we did church every Sunday then fishing after. I'm so ever grateful for them. Grandma always said it was a mistake letting me go back and live with mom but a jealous aunt was causing trouble.

Daris

I was fortunate enough to have known my grandmothers parents on both sides of the family. The Greats. All of them were born in the middle 1870's. I had them all until I was about 9. The last one died when I was 17.

Here's a picture of my Great Great Grandpa in Sweden. Looks like someone that would have been fun to know.

Scan0019 (561x800).jpg

Daris it took me awhile to recognise you :)
Then I realised Karen must have dressed you :D
You clean up okay eh? :D

Jon quite frankly I dressed my self with some help from my neighbor gal. I couldn't get the tie to hook on with my fat fingers. Karen was with all the gals in the wedding somewhere else getting hair, nails, and whatever women do to get "bootiful".

Daris

Latest posts

Back