Rare 99

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
I knew it was hot today.............. but I'm glad know body told me what the temperature was. I hate weather above 74. We ought ought to be having high temps around 60 this time of year. Lows have been in the upper 30's and low 40's the past fer weeks.
Lowest high-temperature I have seen locally today, was 91. I was working 30 miles northeast and it was 96 on the bank's thermometer display at 5:30.
I've seen two local recording stations displaying 99's YUCK! didn't realize how hot it was and so I didn't get around to drinking any water this afternoon. Man, I ache all over. Note to self .................drink, drink, drink.
Ok, Ok. I'm done whining about not even braking the century mark. I have no idea how many of you guys tolerate this stuff day in day out in the summer.
That's my rant, and I'm sticking to it. :p

Good luck to you guys with the really bad weather. I know that mine doesn't even slightly compare.

Hey Darol............... is this what you wanted me to do when you head to the coast?

Too hot or Highup.jpg

Too hot for Highup state map.jpg

From my experience, anything over 80 is more intense on the coast than inland. I like 60-70's. It was in the low 80's here yesterday. We usually don't get that till mid to late June. Not looking good for fires.

We had a great time on the coast and only had rain once, and that was just a dribble. I'll attribute the good weather to your pull with the weather gods.;)

We didn't get the usual increased humidity with this one. Hot, but no sweat............... I guess that's why I didn't know it was as hot as it was.

From my experience, anything over 80 is more intense on the coast than inland. I like 60-70's. It was in the low 80's here yesterday. We usually don't get that till mid to late June. Not looking good for fires.

We had a great time on the coast and only had rain once, and that was just a dribble. I'll attribute the good weather to your pull with the weather gods.;)

You were on your own. I totally forgot to do a sun dance for ya. :D

What's with all this extreme weather we keep getting? They said global warming would cause more extreme weather but we all know that's bs. :confused:

Every 800 t0 1000 years the Earth either warms a lot or cools a lot. It is a natural thing. Of course the global warming, now called climate change, made a bunch of people rich. Al Gore made millions from it Just remember, the same scientists who are now talking about how warm it is, were warning us of a looming ice age 40 years ago.
In the 1920s, 1950s, 1980s, and a couple years ago, we had several years in a row of extremely hot summers.

Its been beautiful here. As soon as it hits low 90"s it cools back down to the 70's/80's.

Every 800 t0 1000 years the Earth either warms a lot or cools a lot. It is a natural thing. Of course the global warming, now called climate change, made a bunch of people rich. Al Gore made millions from it Just remember, the same scientists who are now talking about how warm it is, were warning us of a looming ice age 40 years ago.
In the 1920s, 1950s, 1980s, and a couple years ago, we had several years in a row of extremely hot summers.

We'll die out here if we don't get some SERIOUS rain but soon.

http://williamspioneer.com/wp-conte...ewide-Average-Precipitation-by-Water-Year.png

http://www.weatherwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/image.jpg

Last edited:
What's with all this extreme weather we keep getting? They said global warming would cause more extreme weather but we all know that's bs. :confused:

We get a couple of weird days like this almost every year, or every other year around this same time, but often earlier. Not always so close to the century mark, but a few years back we hit 101 at the airport............. the coldest place to record the local temperature. Living at the same location for 56 years, I don't recall anything that even slightly makes me think "climate change"

These days, if weather isn't "average", it becomes big news. (doom and gloom)
Any unusual occurrences or unusual temperatures are instantly blamed on global climate change by the people making money on climate change. .ike, duhh! :rolleyes:

Personally, I think "normal" should be based on a minimum of 200 or 600 year cycles instead of decades. Decades mean absolutely nothing in realistic measurements of true "climate change" We can't go back 600 years because they didn't have the precise digital monitoring that we have now. How do you really compare today's monitoring accuracy with the methods of 600 years ago?
In the 70's they warned global cooling.............. then the 80's and 90's it converted to global warming ............then in the past 20 years, to cover all the bases, because of no real warming, it was converted to "climate change" If the weather is different tomorrow, it's because of my van.

Oregon had a record breaker in 1919.............. the Columbia river froze in Portland. This is one huge river. That same year, a nearby town got 40 inches of snow in 24 hours. This is Oregon....... we don't get that kind of weather.
Where I live, here on the coast, we got 24 inches of snow in 1969, and 20 years later in 1989 we got down to 9 degrees and had 11 inches of snow in about 10 hours, then it stayed below freezing for a week and a half.
I recall in the 70's it stayed below freezing for a week and a half and a local 40 foot wide river froze solid enough that we walked a couple hundred feet upstream to a low waterfall that froze so much, it looked looked like portholes across the river where the river dropped and couldn't freeze. It was strange looking into those frozen bubble looking "port-holes", seeing the moving water and the air bubbles running under our feet, and yet the river was frozen above and below these short falls.
If the climate is changing....................... do we really want other events like these?
Here on the Oregon coast, we get average lows of 30 to 45 degrees in December and January and highs will range into the upper 30's to upper 40's.
9 degrees in the winter here is as crazy as 100 degrees in mid spring.
We do get extremes once in a while, but I have seen nothing locally that alarms, or even slightly concerns me in all of my years of living here.
Been a while, so I think we are due for another unusual cold one, ............one of these years.

Traditionally, if it gets a little more hot and dry than "usual" for 2 or 10 years, we just figured that we were going through a drought period.
Today, tho............... it's big news and the "we're all gonna die" crap makes a lot of people billions of dollars. Without hysteria, they don't have a job. I mean, why would they not continue to promote hysteria?

Global warming is a money maker. Follow the money created by hysteria. Real scientists and meteorologists can't make a buck................. because they do science, and the reports that they make are proof, not theory. Science is exact, theories are................... theories.
Unfortunately, theory sells like beer and pretzels. :rolleyes:
My theory?

We don't have 200,000 years of electronic digital data to accurately record or compare the past to present. We base a few decades of fairly accurate digital and satellite data, and then attempt to "interpret" the previous 160,000 years using tree rings which upon to base an accurate reading of the climate trend.
...and even then, we interpret any perceived changes occurred, as man caused.
Picture this. The earth is about 4.4 billion years old.
In a miniscule 100 years, mankind's evil behavior has set the earth on a downward death spiral that will cause the oceans to rise 3 feet in 30 to 100 years. ..............um .........I don't get that.
(Don't get me wrong, I'm not against a clean environment)
If in 56 years, in the same location, I can't see even a slight "unusuality" in Oregon's climate. I probably never will.
Maybe I live "under the dome" as a test culture.

I'm rambling............ I do that sometimes. (often) :D

Last edited:
Cal is a beautiful state Hav .

Yeah, it's really beautiful as a whole but I'm beginning to believe some parts are going to become uninhabitable..............longer term. At the very least it's going to get very rough in the short term without some dramatic CLIMATE CHANGE.

Southern Cal has a delicate balance for weather. If it's a bit dry, the fires roar. If it's gets a little too much rain, landslides become a problem. There seems to be a narrow balance of what is just right. It's also highly dependent on most everyone else supplying them with water. A LOT of water. Much of it comes from up here in the north state and the Colorado River if I'm not mistaken. They could be in a real pinch if water is cut short from those supplies due to the drought. Could get ugly.

A lot of the problems everywhere, are people building in flood zones, areas where it has burned every so many years forever, in areas that get hurricanes and/or tsunamis every few years and then expect to be bailed out or are surprised and want sympathy when the expected happens.

Several years back, a fire swept through one of the canyons near LA and burned several houses down. They interviewed one of the victims and he said that this will be the third time he's rebuilt after his house was destroyed at that same spot. Insurance companies should jack the rate up through the roof for these situations. Makes no sense. Mobil homes in hurricane areas is another brainstorm.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back