"Rusty"

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floorist said:
That seller is just stupid. All they would need to do is google it.

I think his not only smart but a bit devious. If you look at his refund policy he basically says the buyer doesn't qualify for a refund due to seller's ignorance. If I were to buy it to drive nails and find that it's magnetism has failed and the tip were worn to the point of being at an opposite angle than needed, I wouldn't be entitled to a refund because the seller believes I'm misapplying the tool. And how rusty is rusty being the pic is from 2007? Rusty tools and carpet don't mix well together. That may not be a big deal if you're trying to knock out car door pins with it.

I thought it was hilarious. On a side note the whole point of going to an auction, Ebay, swap meet, yard sale or whatever is to find bargains based on desperate or uneducated sellers.

I bought one of these tools new, retail probably 30 years ago and used it maybe 2-3 times. Turned up missing maybe 10-15 years ago and I refuse to buy another one unless I can find an ABSOLUTE STEAL on it------like $5 total. That won't happen online because it simply weighs too much to ship that cheap. I think it's been 3 years since I last stretched anything....I TRY to forget those jobs. Last one I recall I needed a "downs bar" but I just hammered the tackles ut where the hammer could reach and pad behind it.

That tool doesn't just not belong in my box because I'm cheap. I can't hump that thing around in the box or truck 75-100 miles a day on the off chance that every 5-10-15 years I may need it.

i use mine about 3 times a year but it goes in a cubby hole in the van---not in the tool box---what i took out of the van cuz i didnt use it in 3 three years is the stand up sleeve hammer i loving refered to as my wamma jamma---tack strap is so shoddy that wamma didnt get the job done no more---but im sure i could use him to kill cattle

I thought it was hilarious. On a side note the whole point of going to an auction, Ebay, swap meet, yard sale or whatever is to find bargains based on desperate or uneducated sellers.

I bought one of these tools new, retail probably 30 years ago and used it maybe 2-3 times. Turned up missing maybe 10-15 years ago and I refuse to buy another one unless I can find an ABSOLUTE STEAL on it------like $5 total. That won't happen online because it simply weighs too much to ship that cheap. I think it's been 3 years since I last stretched anything....I TRY to forget those jobs. Last one I recall I needed a "downs bar" but I just hammered the tackles ut where the hammer could reach and pad behind it.

That tool doesn't just not belong in my box because I'm cheap. I can't hump that thing around in the box or truck 75-100 miles a day on the off chance that every 5-10-15 years I may need it.

You ever try using the knob end on a stair tool for driving nails. Then all you have to do it hit the shaft or blade of the stair tool. Worked for me many years.

Daris

Latest posts

Back