Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I had my option to like the post, use the shocking emoji, or use the frown emoji. I chose the frown emoji, as did a local neighbor.
When you’re dealing with a community, pardon the pun, that’s “ in transition “ 😜That community is trying to navigate against social norms ( Straight people) so they can be quite reactive being the underdog, as you just found out 😡 SO ! Anything we ‘ Straight ‘ people can do, to neutralize against reactivity, would probably help them become more tolerant to intolerance.

We as a society are going through growing pains and what’s happening is necessary in order to find balance. Hopefully everyone involved in this little incident takes something away from it to improve tomorrow from today. No one was wrong and no one was right in a philosophical world of ‘ Let’s find the improvement that leads us to coexist.

They are testing the waters with bait, all we have to do is not bit down. See the bait, understand why it’s there, and keep swimming merely merely on by. Yes it’s in our faces more and more, but we can choose to maintain self control by waving to them as we swim by.

✌️

Watchin some tidbit about all these EV’s that aren’t worth a shit due to the cold weather. Anybody that owns cordless tools coulda told them that😂
I don't use my drill or driver all that much and we don't have "cold" weather like other places.
I watched Project Farm testing those small battery jumper packs for cars.
One test was freezing the packs overnight at below zero temperatures.
They didn't do very well. He tried cranking the car or tractor more than once, pausing before each attempt. In each case, the battery worked better each time.
The draw on the cold battery pack heated it up internally.
Stop with the excuses and keep trying. 😁

This heavy monster is a foot and a half too tall to go out of the room, so it's staying while we install the carpet. Late 1800' or just after 1900. The bedroom is 11.5 by 20.
Oh, the stories this could tell.
.........I mean, it has a mirror. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_142927600_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240124_142927600_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240123_165959780_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240123_165959780_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240124_144006045.jpg
    IMG_20240124_144006045.jpg
    658.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240124_142941095_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240124_142941095_HDR.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 0
Here's a couple fasteners on the back. I've never seen anything like this.

Attachments

• IMG_20240124_142830047.jpg
    IMG_20240124_142830047.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240124_142835086.jpg
    IMG_20240124_142835086.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
No excuses, I just don’t care. You guys are getting worked up over some petty BS that doesn’t even affect you and most certainly doesn’t affect me.

If I owned an electric vehicle I would expect to deal with these sort of issues. How often does it get this cold? Not very often. How often do I drop $100 or more to fill my van? Couple times a week every week. That’s at least 10k a year in gas. I’ll trade that 10k in gas for 2k in road taxes any day of the week.

No excuses, I just don’t care. You guys are getting worked up over some petty BS that doesn’t even affect you and most certainly doesn’t affect me.

If I owned an electric vehicle I would expect to deal with these sort of issues. How often does it get this cold? Not very often. How often do I drop $100 or more to fill my van? Couple times a week every week. That’s at least 10k a year in gas. I’ll trade that 10k in gas for 2k in road taxes any day of the week.
This government/globalist driven transition away from fossil fuels is not petty BS. It's possibly the biggest issue of these times after the WW3 firing up in Europe. In fact, those are not exactly two distinct issues by any means.

If part of the transition involves concessions, tax incentives and subsidies I want them all listed and discussed openly. I like numbers and facts.

I’ve worked hard to get my life to be as inexpensive as possible. Debt is modern day slavery. No house payment, property taxes are maybe $600/ year. No vehicle payment. No nasty habits anymore. $750 a year for some proposed road tax IS petty BS to me if and when it ever comes to fruition and I will most certainly find a way to write it off even if I can’t write it off itself. Until then it’s just talk to me.

I’ve worked hard to get my life to be as inexpensive as possible. Debt is modern day slavery. No house payment, property taxes are maybe $600/ year. No vehicle payment. No nasty habits anymore. $750 a year for some proposed road tax IS petty BS to me if and when it ever comes to fruition and I will most certainly find a way to write it off even if I can’t write it off itself. Until then it’s just talk to me.
Oh, I may have misunderstood your point. We pay those "road taxes" through the gas tax in California. I don't notice anything on the property tax bills or vehicle registration but I assume some of that is related to keeping up with the roads.

EVs wont pay into the gas tax so I consider this part of the subsidies/incentives/disincentives around the elimination of fossil fuels. It's all up for debate but I suspect the (Globalist) corporate owned media presents half-truths, ommissions and lies amongst these considerations at least as much so as let's say Exxon Mobil or Aramco might.

I want to know the factual considerations as this is very much a science and math problem that either way will affect us more than anything other than major wars in the here and now as well as the near future.

In AZ and NC your registration is based in part on your vehicles value so the more it’s worth the more you’re gonna pay. NC values my van at $300👍. I was surprised when dude told me I owed $120 something cus last time I did all that crap it was $350ish.

The gas tax I can’t get away from unless I step up to a newer vehicle which will mean full coverage and a payment so gas tax it is.

The rest of what’s going wrong in the world is just too many spoons for me to worry about right now.

I remember in Oregon they would promote taking the bus, riding a bike, walking or getting a more fuel efficient vehicle. Then maybe a year later they would squawk about how they weren’t collecting as much money off of the gas tax as they anticipated, obviously because people were finding alternative ways of getting around as was recommended by the powers that be. It’s always something.

I choose to keep and drive my van with all the miles on it. I get about 14 to 15 mpg in NC and maybe 10 to 12 in Phoenix. City driving vs country driving. I’ve had a 2016 Chevy van and I got about 16 to 18 mpg in that thing. Yes it was a much nicer vehicle to drive but I sure wasn’t saving any money on the extra couple mpg I was getting vs all the additional costs of owning it.

I claimed "you do you, and I'll do me." But yet, we were banned.
MSLI, do you think this is fair?

Right, wrong, fair, unfair, Religion, Atheism, it’s all the same thing……extreme opposites that keep us engaged, and divorced 😜 …. Try to think in the middle…… How ! …. That’s the question we humans, for thousands of years have been exploring …..and the example / question given is a GREAT example.

“ You do You, and I’ll do Me “ on the surface it sounds normal, and reason for no personal concern, but after hearing blow back from the opposition, there is a reason, but we naturally defend rather than look for that hidden concern hiding under the surface. 🤔

Number one hidden concern with “ You do You and I’ll do Me “ It’s not middle thinking, and it takes little effort to be in the ‘ And Space ‘ It’s less selfish and more respectful to think as a team.

Method of Improvement:

Change “You Statements “ into “ I “ Statements when dealing with oppositional issues. WHY ?
The unfortunate reality is
‘ YOU ‘ provokes defensiveness when the context is oppositional.

And ! If we add a frown emoji on top of the “YOU “ ice cream 🍦 chances are the opposition will become defensive.

Bonus material :

This just came to me 🧐 ( Thanks havasu ! Your question asked took me farther than I expected ) Think about it this way, ‘ I ‘ is The Offense in football, and ‘ You ‘ ( the opposition) is Defense. The best defense is a good offense. So I need to do I the best I can by not switching sides in the middle of a play and become defensive ✌️

How is that edited/ improved version ?
Boy o boy can I get toooo wordy 🙃

Last edited:
I guess you are right. It just seems dumb to need to bend over for the +- 2% or the population.
No one idea 💡 is ever fully right. Maybe closer to being right 😜 ?

Life would be less complicated if asking questions was more accepting than answering them, THEN ! Maybe 🤔
“ it seems dumb “ goes away, replaced by thoughts of living in the middle space, where ideas 💡 of improvement have been laying dormant. Choose to set them free !

I'll have to google it to.
Then I'm googling "put a fork in it" to find the origins of that one. 😁

Spoons, or F’s, are how much energy you have to devote to something. You start the day with X number of spoons and slowly throughout the day you give them up one by one for all the things you have to deal with that require your time, energy, patience or whatever it is that takes it out of you.

If you know you only have say 10 spoons to give a day, you’ll be a bit more selective as to what you are willing to give up a spoon for.

Learning to say NO and turning off the TV have been my two biggest spoon savers.

Latest posts

Back