Toast of the day

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.J.

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
We all work hard. Maybe you don’t but that means you worked hard to not work so hard. That shit deserves a toast. Today I’m sippin on some Disaronno after laying some click LVP. What’s your sip of choice?

image.jpg

I struggle to rehydrate after insane sweat during the day. Usually when I get home it’s half water half ensure. Gatorade’s during day, G2(1/2 sugar) and water till sleep, dry mouth wake up @ 3am, drink water, go to bathroom, back to sleep.

Attachments

• 52017540-6CAA-4250-B4BC-AAFBD818A28D.jpeg
    52017540-6CAA-4250-B4BC-AAFBD818A28D.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 22
If they still made it, I'd buy some of that Beer. I think it only came in bottles. Just a cheap White cardboard box that said BEER. No other markings.
I picked up a 12 pack on the way home from work one day and as I was carrying it up the front porch steps with a grocery sack in one hand and the beer 'handle' in my other, the handle with loose and the box of beer fell about 3 ft landing on one corner. I can't remember if four beers survived. The cardboard separators inside the box we're about as thin as a postage stamp and didn't absorb very much kinetic energy.
It came in 12 packs of 12 oz bottles and had a tiny bit more punch than NA beer.
Like I said, I don't recall if it came in cans but the box was pure white with a label like this.

Attachments

• PXL_20210803_003418193.jpg
    PXL_20210803_003418193.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 21
My beer preference of course is Budweiser. You can easily tell that from the red label.

Attachments

• PXL_20210803_004213189.jpg
    PXL_20210803_004213189.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 25
I drink water, it comes out of the tap and its in my mug every day. There really isnt anything else. I'm still working off the beer belly from my 20's.
You should only drink bottled water that comes from foreign countries because our tap water is full of chemicals. I see people with a grocery cart full of plastic bottles.
I'm polite and of course I don't say what I'm thinking. 😁

There's only two kinds of beer, warm and cold. I like them both.

Whiskey, straight up or on the rocks. Of course I like the fancy, expensive stuff, so long as I'm not paying.

Once in a while I'll have wine. I don't buy it but if it's offered I'll try some.

In 1977, I was living in our neighboring town with a friend of mine. He started reminiscing of the Glory Days when he was in boy scouts and they went to northeastern Oregon to the eagle Cap wilderness and camped for a week. The apartment we had moved into was previously occupied by two young ladies that he work with at a local restaurant.
Before we moved in there the apartment was host of numerous parties. 21 wasn't important back then not till the cops would come and break up a party but....
Anyway, we arranged a trip after finding out the name of the guy that packed in the troop of scouts many years before. We left home at 4:30 in the afternoon and got there about 3:30 in the morning and parked outside his cabin. By early afternoon the next day we were unloading our camping stuff from the mule and the guide took the horsies and the mule 9 miles back downhill to his cabin. It was a tiring journey dodging arrows and fighting packs of Sasquatch determined to end our vacation in a total bloodbath......
....I didn't take a camera with me but that's how I remember it.
Anyway the year was 1977 and in August at 8,000 ft, it was not 95° like he said it was going to be. He also didn't tell me about the mosquitoes, just told me it had dozens of tiny lakes that dotted the mountains and the prairies.
He had a tendency to tell a story but embellish it. Each embellished version became the original story and so if he told the story five times.....
.....well, let's just say it wasn't 95° at that elevation. Proof of that was the 4-ft tall 20 ft long patch of snow where we stored our food.... And the beer.
We each had one can of beer. 😁
What was supposed to happen with those cans of beer is that on Wednesday night at midnight, we were supposed to face Southwest, the two girls he worked with were supposed to face Northeast, and we're going to drink a toast.
.....we found out later they forgot 😣 I think women have selective memories. 😁
We remembered, but I didn't want to open my can. After fending off the arrows and hordes of Sasquatch, I figured that since this can survived the near-death experiences too, it was can of good luck.
No attacks during the 9 mile walk back down the hill to the guys cabin. For some unknown reason I thought walking downhill was easier than walking uphill. It is, to a point.
One other tidbit from our journey. We camped by a place called Moccasin Lake. (My story becomes more believable now doesn't it?)
On the second day he said there's a lake here called Pocket Lake. He pointed up between 4 peaks far above us and said, it's either these two or those two.... I think it's... I'm pretty sure it's....
Anyway with fishing poles in hand, we walked across the meadow and started climbing. Started out as boulders and turned into large rocks and near the top it turned to snow covering the rocks so you had to be careful how you stepped. As we got closer to the top, you could hear what sounded like a roaring river under the snow covered rocks. We moved further up the side hill until we arrived at the lake. I don't recall perfectly but I think it's at 9600 ft. 1/3 of this ake still had a sheet of ice on it that moved about during the day as the wind pushed it around.
Yes there were fish and the water was crystal clear. We tried everything including the local grasshoppers. You could literally lower food onto a trout's nose as you observed it 20 ft down into the water........ And it would not eat it. Frustrating, as these were nice size fish.
I'm really glad we made that trip back in 1977. There were no people up there back then. It became an overused area in the late '80s and I guess you had to have a permit because they didn't want too many people up there spoiling everyone's experience.
I hope on the back of the permit it said:
Bring up buttload of mosquito repellent.
My friend didn't recall any mosquitoes on their boy scout camping trip. 🖕
You think he would have remembered that the mosquitoes up there were two feet long and had fangs. Nope apparently not.

Attachments

• PXL_20210803_004427130.jpg
    PXL_20210803_004427130.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20210803_004509362.jpg
    PXL_20210803_004509362.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
My water comes from a well up the hill in a deep aquifer and is so wonderful, they pipe it to me un-chlorinated, fluoride free and provide me with sampling reports 4 times a year. Thank you local water co-op thingy... you are wonderful.
You ought to bottle and sell it. What are the shipping cost per bottle to Oregon's South Coast?
Glass bottles, not plastic. Whales and dolphins are known to eat plastic bottles. I don't want that happening.
That's really cool having a water supply like that. And I'll bet it's pretty cool too.

I have always been the odd man out among installers, I drink almost zero alcohol. I have had one beer this year. Most of the installers I have known have been full-blown alcoholics.

You ought to bottle and sell it. What are the shipping cost per bottle to Oregon's South Coast?
Glass bottles, not plastic. Whales and dolphins are known to eat plastic bottles. I don't want that happening.
That's really cool having a water supply like that. And I'll bet it's pretty cool too.

Found this
New Zealand exports a relatively small amount of bottled water – approximately 27.9 million litres every year, or around 10 Olympic swimming pools. Export earnings are around $23.7 million per annum. The United States is New Zealand's most important market for bottled water, taking 46 percent of our exports.

Its decently cold, unfortunately it is stored above ground in two massive glass lined steel tanks, so in the summer it gets a little less icy cold but in the winter it is wonderful. I keep a pressurized filter tank under my sink, which is in my kitchen, which is in a cupboard which faces an exterior wall in my mostly unheated, uninsulated house so in the winter, it is glorious.

I have always been the odd man out among installers, I drink almost zero alcohol
I feel this. Up until Friday when I "went wild" and had 5 whole beer, I could not remember the last time I had had one. Thanks to the bong, I wont remember this time either :)

Its decently cold, unfortunately it is stored above ground in two massive glass lined steel tanks, so in the summer it gets a little less icy cold but in the winter it is wonderful. I keep a pressurized filter tank under my sink, which is in my kitchen, which is in a cupboard which faces an exterior wall in my mostly unheated, uninsulated house so in the winter, it is glorious.

I feel this. Up until Friday when I "went wild" and had 5 whole beer, I could not remember the last time I had had one. Thanks to the bong, I wont remember this time either :)
Smoked pot once in my life, about 50 years ago. I felt nothing.

Latest posts

Back