What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highup, I'll have to post a picture. The carpet is rolled under itself and tacked in the doorway- about 36" doorway I think. I wanted something soft like rubber as Mom has sensitive feet. I suppose worst case I could put an extra scrap strip of sheet vinyl since I have some leftover in my bathroom. I need to figure out the best way to pull up my carpet (which has been rolled down under) and stick the end of the new sheet vinyl under it.

CJ, I don't think I've ever had fondue. That looks like a nice dinner.

We've mostly been having tv dinners (other than the potato soup I made the other night-- that mom had 4 bowls of). Since some religious figure said Catholics shouldn't eat meat on any Fridays, my mom has decided I can't make anything with meat on Fridays for her so it has to be seafood and/or vegetables. I want to find whoever pulled that rule out of their keester and punch them in the throat bc now it makes mealtimes more complicated. I don't like seafood & she prefers to have seafood instead of just vegetables & it tends to be harder to cook than than the usual stuff.

I'm planning to go pick up a baker's rack tomorrow. Will see if my friend will go with me if I can't get my brother's lazy behind to go with me. Lately he has not been wanting to do anything. He didn't even unload stuff from the truck the last two times we've gone to Samsclub. We went yesterday & were both exhausted when we got home. It rained most of the morning.

Today my friend messaged and said his card was locked until tomorrow & his mom used up their food stamps (she came by saying she only needed "a couple of things" & took the card and cleaned them out). His gf said the next time his mom comes by asking she'll tell her the food stamp card is empty. But, the mom is bringing a dishwasher tomorrow (hopefully it will work since the Kenmore one pulled out of his grandfather's kitchen did not work). If not, then hopefully he'll be able to get one on a black friday sale. His gf's family are not paying them anything & have been using up their soap, detergent, etc. They even used my body wash and shampoo that I had over there since the showers at home don't work. Anyway, I went to the store and bought them bread, milk, meat, and detergent so they can have dinner and wash their clothes for work. GF's family were out in Alexandria dicking around. One of them got notice for Jury Duty & doesn't know what to do bc they are homeless & no longer live in that area. I told the gf to tell them they need to e-mail and/or call to let the authorities know that they no longer live in that jurisdiction and are currently homeless but looking for permanent home in a different jurisdiction.

Highup, I'll have to post a picture. The carpet is rolled under itself and tacked in the doorway- about 36" doorway I think. I wanted something soft like rubber as Mom has sensitive feet. I suppose worst case I could put an extra scrap strip of sheet vinyl since I have some leftover in my bathroom. I need to figure out the best way to pull up my carpet (which has been rolled down under) and stick the end of the new sheet vinyl under it.

CJ, I don't think I've ever had fondue. That looks like a nice dinner.

We've mostly been having tv dinners (other than the potato soup I made the other night-- that mom had 4 bowls of). Since some religious figure said Catholics shouldn't eat meat on any Fridays, my mom has decided I can't make anything with meat on Fridays for her so it has to be seafood and/or vegetables. I want to find whoever pulled that rule out of their keester and punch them in the throat bc now it makes mealtimes more complicated. I don't like seafood & she prefers to have seafood instead of just vegetables & it tends to be harder to cook than than the usual stuff.

I'm planning to go pick up a baker's rack tomorrow. Will see if my friend will go with me if I can't get my brother's lazy behind to go with me. Lately he has not been wanting to do anything. He didn't even unload stuff from the truck the last two times we've gone to Samsclub. We went yesterday & were both exhausted when we got home. It rained most of the morning.

Today my friend messaged and said his card was locked until tomorrow & his mom used up their food stamps (she came by saying she only needed "a couple of things" & took the card and cleaned them out). His gf said the next time his mom comes by asking she'll tell her the food stamp card is empty. But, the mom is bringing a dishwasher tomorrow (hopefully it will work since the Kenmore one pulled out of his grandfather's kitchen did not work). If not, then hopefully he'll be able to get one on a black friday sale. His gf's family are not paying them anything & have been using up their soap, detergent, etc. They even used my body wash and shampoo that I had over there since the showers at home don't work. Anyway, I went to the store and bought them bread, milk, meat, and detergent so they can have dinner and wash their clothes for work. GF's family were out in Alexandria dicking around. One of them got notice for Jury Duty & doesn't know what to do bc they are homeless & no longer live in that area. I told the gf to tell them they need to e-mail and/or call to let the authorities know that they no longer live in that jurisdiction and are currently homeless but looking for permanent home in a different jurisdiction.

There were some darn good fish fry’s in Pittsburgh. Kinda miss them. The piece of fish was uge and the price wasn’t bad either.

When I was a kid we would get to request what we wanted for dinner on our birthday and I always chose beef fondue so it has a special place in my mind. I haven’t had it in a few years and even longer before that so I was really excited to make it again. Tonight my dad and I went out to Guido’s for dinner and I had some spumoni ice cream for dessert. That’s another thing that is few and far in between for me. Lately I’ve been purposely skipping lunch so I can enjoy a decent dinner cus I can only eat so much.

I’ve gotten notice for jury duty (both local and federal) a few times but luckily never had to sit on one. Either they didn’t like the way I looked, which I’m ok with, or all the cases were settled before my session was supposed to start.

Beef fondue sounds good.

1st time I ever got called for jury duty was on Guam. A security guard at my dad's work decided to tell me info about the case on the docket (which is illegal). I didn't want to hear it but he kept telling me. Fortunately for him, I didn't remember his name. I told the jury wrangler what I'd been told. Then I had to tell the judge, prosecutor, & defense attorney what I'd been told. He knew I was young and that I didn't know it was illegal for someone to tell me that. He later told me that the defense attorney didn't want me on the jury to begin with because my father was in law enforcement. He wanted me out so badly he jumped at the chance. I was dismissed to "avoid the appearance of impropriety".

Next time I was dismissed because I had studied criminal justice & defense attorney didn't like my answers about the bs defense. Last time I was dismissed because the defendant took a plea.

I've received multiple summons that were canceled due to case being dismissed or a plea so I didn't even have to show up.

I had a sudden burst of energy (that didn't last long) so I started cleaning the old fridge (one we're no longer using). I saw people saying they wanted to buy used fridges and thought maybe if I clean it up I can get $20 or $50 for the old thing. Got some of the front cleaned but couldn't reach lower down easily. Will have to scrub it much harder to get some of the crud off. Debating whether or not I should just pass it off to my friend's mom so she can clean it and sell it or trade it. It's an old Kenmore from the late 80s I think.

As an aside, tomorrow I'm going to pick up a baker's rack for $40. Looks in good condition. Probably needs the metal parts polished.
1635487938025.png
It will be next to a stove (not directly against it mind you) so whatever I use to polish it will need to be heat resistant.

Last edited:
Only called for jury duty once. Case would have been 100 miles from here. Convinced them that being self-employed that I was booked way ahead and had no one to cover for me. Got excused.

I think my brother only got called once but he ended up missing it because it had been flooding, one road path was closed and the other was so mucky that he got bogged down & couldn't make it in. Had to call & say the roads were not drive-able due to the flooding (and being unpaved) so they said not to worry about it. They also claimed that they would provide transportation to people who couldn't make it but then realized they would need helicopters for some areas. LOL.

Mom has been called but she doesn't have to go since she's elderly and disabled.

I think my brother only got called once but he ended up missing it because it had been flooding, one road path was closed and the other was so mucky that he got bogged down & couldn't make it in. Had to call & say the roads were not drive-able due to the flooding (and being unpaved) so they said not to worry about it. They also claimed that they would provide transportation to people who couldn't make it but then realized they would need helicopters for some areas. LOL.

Mom has been called but she doesn't have to go since she's elderly and disabled.
Just tell them that everyone is guilty or they would not have been arrested. That will get you out.

Got called once and got excused because I knew the arresting officer. They asked me why that made a difference and I said "I never knew him to lie to me before, so why should I think he is now". They couldn't get me out of there fast enough. Actually I would have liked to have seen the trial as it was a rape case with a weapon on a 15 year old girl. But I had work to do so I didn't.

Rusty, sorry your floor got damaged but am glad you can fix it yourself.

I went and picked up the bakers rack from Lake Charles. Saw a donkey, some sheep, and chickens. Seller had a sweet pit bull who was wagging his tail and super excited about people visiting. She went over to calm him down and he was all cuddles. The donkey got jealous and started braying. I was joking that it saw my brother & it takes one to know one so it was trying to communicate with a fellow.

Friend absolutely LOVED the bakers rack. It was lighter weight than I expected but also slightly larger-- which is fine. As soon as it was set down, she started putting stuff on it. It has very minor rust -- nothing some rustoleum can't handle.

Got home, fed mom, shared food with the dogs, and climbed on my bed to try to nap- 5 cats climbed on me immediately and a 6th joined in a few minutes later. Dog is curled against my leg (I have it bent instead of straight).

Minor drama bc the guy who hotwired my friend's truck and ruined the steering column last year broke in to his trailer (where his ex is staying) and stole stuff. The friends I was visiting are in the same trailer park.

Rusty, sorry your floor got damaged but am glad you can fix it yourself.

I went and picked up the bakers rack from Lake Charles. Saw a donkey, some sheep, and chickens. Seller had a sweet pit bull who was wagging his tail and super excited about people visiting. She went over to calm him down and he was all cuddles. The donkey got jealous and started braying. I was joking that it saw my brother & it takes one to know one so it was trying to communicate with a fellow.

Friend absolutely LOVED the bakers rack. It was lighter weight than I expected but also slightly larger-- which is fine. As soon as it was set down, she started putting stuff on it. It has very minor rust -- nothing some rustoleum can't handle.

Got home, fed mom, shared food with the dogs, and climbed on my bed to try to nap- 5 cats climbed on me immediately and a 6th joined in a few minutes later. Dog is curled against my leg (I have it bent instead of straight).

Minor drama bc the guy who hotwired my friend's truck and ruined the steering column last year broke in to his trailer (where his ex is staying) and stole stuff. The friends I was visiting are in the same trailer park.
I will make a profit on the floor. Got a bid from the most expensive installer in the area for the insurance adjuster.

Rusy, that's awesome! Hopefully you'll get some good flooring. And quite frankly, since you are an installer it's still justified because it's taking away time from you installing other flooring for a customer.

I forgot to mention that I could no longer stand seeing the poor fluffy gray kitten my friend's mom dumped on his porch suffer with his messed up leg. Someone shot him in the leg with a bb gun and then I think something bit him or something because his leg was all cut up and leaking pus. Too painful for him to step on it. I thought it was going to get maggots. So I took him to the vet. She was disappointed that he had a "normal" name but I said it was bc he wasn't my cat. She was also disappointed that I wasn't taking him home. I said I really wanted to but Mom was still mad about us bringing home the last 2. She understood. Had to clean the poor thing's leg and he did not like it. He was screaming and squirming. I felt so badly for him. She gave him something for pain and a shot of antibiotics. Said he looks healthy enough that the antibiotics should help but said friend should try to rinse the leg off if the kitten lets him & put neosporin on it. I suggested bactine with pain relief and she said that would work. I'm hoping he will heal quickly. Right now he can't stand to let anything even touch the leg. He seemed to be feeling a little better after the vet visit. I will have to go over once i find the bactine. It cost damn near $80 for the visit though. It seems like the medicine goes up every time.

Meanwhile it is cold so my kitties have piled on me. The dog has stolen 2 fuzzy blankets off my bed as well as a fuzzy pillow and has buried herself under them in her nest next to my bed. I think I'm going to get a bowl of the potato soup I made earlier. It's still in the pressure cooker staying warm.

Today I finally began tackling a problem that has haunted me since the day I bought this house. My electrical panel is a literal rats nest... no, literally. I pulled a rat out of there one year because it got up in and started tripping breakers. So anyhow, since the day I moved in the panel has not made a lick of sense, I transferred breakers to my generator panel a few years back and what was labeled as "kitchen plug" on the panel was in fact the septic pump. That is rather a blessing in disguise seeing as the flow of effluent is probably more important than making coffee, however you can see the issue I was having. Anyhow, I have undertaken making it pretty and trying to identify all of the circuits. I have only done one half so far, but of the 11 circuits there are 2 I cannot locate, 18% failure rate is not exactly a home run LOL.

Before
20211030_141316.jpg

After
20211030_155354.jpg

It will look a lot better when I am all done, but I can't kill the power for 4 hours with the kids home, I might murder them.

Today I finally began tackling a problem that has haunted me since the day I bought this house. My electrical panel is a literal rats nest... no, literally. I pulled a rat out of there one year because it got up in and started tripping breakers. So anyhow, since the day I moved in the panel has not made a lick of sense, I transferred breakers to my generator panel a few years back and what was labeled as "kitchen plug" on the panel was in fact the septic pump. That is rather a blessing in disguise seeing as the flow of effluent is probably more important than making coffee, however you can see the issue I was having. Anyhow, I have undertaken making it pretty and trying to identify all of the circuits. I have only done one half so far, but of the 11 circuits there are 2 I cannot locate, 18% failure rate is not exactly a home run LOL.

Before
View attachment 13223

After
View attachment 13224

It will look a lot better when I am all done, but I can't kill the power for 4 hours with the kids home, I might murder them.
I guess I'd have to be an electrician to see the difference.

I went to my granddaughter's 5th grade volleyball game yesterday. One girl, who was absolutely horrible, was not rotated out in all 3 games, but was the direct cause of the loss of 51 points. I believe she is either the coaches daughter, or someone the coach wants to diddle?

I went to my granddaughter's 5th grade volleyball game yesterday. One girl, who was absolutely horrible, was not rotated out in all 3 games, but was the direct cause of the loss of 51 points. I believe she is either the coaches daughter, or someone the coach wants to diddle?

Part of the problem we have today is there are no losers anymore which makes us all losers in the end.

Latest posts

Back