What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a substitute warehouse dude this week. Booring/exciting/booring/exciting........ rinse and repeat.

Attachments

• IMG_20230823_162208_01.jpg
    IMG_20230823_162208_01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230823_160721.jpg
    IMG_20230823_160721.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230824_084146.jpg
    IMG_20230824_084146.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230823_145312_01.jpg
    IMG_20230823_145312_01.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230823_145313_01.jpg
    IMG_20230823_145313_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
We had a 1500’ of vinyl plank this week with carpet rip up, furniture, 1/4 round.
There was 2 bathrooms getting done ,so we had to remove and replace toilets. in one of the bathrooms I re-set the toilet and turned the water back on. The shut off itself, had a slow drip (probably hasn’t been turned often 20 years, )

I grabbed a wrench and tried to snug the packing nut ( I think that’s what it is called) on the shit off and the handle and guts flew across the room. Water shot out of the pipe like a fire hose😳.
I held a couple paper towels tight to the pipe to slow down the water flow. Luckily my son was still there and found the main water Shit off in the basement.
After this episode I think I will locate the water shutoff before I start any pluming work.

Good thing it was waterproof flooring 😛

Attachments

• IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
We had a 1500’ of vinyl plank this week with carpet rip up, furniture, 1/4 round.
There was 2 bathrooms getting done ,so we had to remove and replace toilets. in one of the bathrooms I re-set the toilet and turned the water back on. The shut off itself, had a slow drip (probably hasn’t been turned often 20 years, )

I grabbed a wrench and tried to snug the packing nut ( I think that’s what it is called) on the shit off and the handle and guts flew across the room. Water shot out of the pipe like a fire hose😳.
I held a couple paper towels tight to the pipe to slow down the water flow. Luckily my son was still there and found the main water Shit off in the basement.
After this episode I think I will locate the water shutoff before I start any pluming work.

Good thing it was waterproof flooring 😛
Been there, done that. Yeah it sucks! But I do the same now & locate the main before messing with the plumbing. 5 minutes finding it can sure save you a lot of grief.

Will you re-organize? Or will the full time w/h Dude get upset 😭…. Have fun, be safe ! And Lift safe !
He's pretty good at organization. He keeps this Pallets stacked together a little too tight for my liking. If you're not careful and the forks go too far back you're going to grab part of the pallet behind the one you're lifting.
The shop owner stopped by just to look over and see what materials had been delivered for jobs and notice one pallet back up against the wall where the planks seem to bow. He told me that and the pallet next to it, 70 boxes of 10 in wide Coretec, would not be installed for about another 6 months.
I told him I'd pull the three pallets in front of that one and support the ends of the planks so they wouldn't remain droopy and possibly get permanently distorted.
I found a couple of 3-in quare pieces off of another pallet, plus a couple of short sections of 2x10's. I lifted the pallet up then put those boards under each end. It's perfectly level and flat now. 😁
I told him for christmas, he needs to get the warehouse guy a laser. 😂

Attachments

• PXL_20230825_182136772.jpg
    PXL_20230825_182136772.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
106 and I'd probably be laying on the couch with a damp towel on my forehead. We got up around 90 for a couple of days last week, but it cool back down to the traditional 72 to 74.
Night before last we had a pretty good front come in with hundreds, probably thousands of lightning strikes. They began near the California border and work their way Northwest early towards the coast and then up the coast clear up to Washington. On a lightning map app that I have, they showed the locations of the strikes and about 50 miles Southeast of me that area got peppered with them. It's all in the mountains, near the areas where I used to go on my photo tours.
They've had a fire raging down there for a month and a half so this may have added some more to it. I haven't had time to check out the forest fire map to see how many new ones got started.
I guess if we think a hundred and six degrees is hot, we'd change our perception if we were forest fire fighters.

When I'm getting out your keys to hop in your truck, have you ever set papers, your coffee cup, your phone, or other stuff on top of the cab while you open the door.
We've all seen people with a grocery bag or something on top of their car.
Be very careful with your cell phone. If you leave it up there by accident, is far more damaging than embarrassing. I drove from one business, 1000 ft to another business then realize I didn't have my phone in the cab. I traced my way back to the shop to retrieve it only to find it laying in the road. Ita no workie no mo. 😭
I was going to get a new phone as a Christmas present to myself but the funds aren't there as of yet. Wally World had a Moto-G Power in stock, so my life doesn't suck quite as bad. It was 200 bucks for this unlocked phone.
My other phone was unlocked, but I use straight talk as a provider. When placing my old SIM card into the new phone....... My whole body started shaking. 🥺
I'm going to head down to the shop later and use their Wi-Fi to finish the updates and download. My photos are all on the phone now but none of my saved apps, icons, or text messages have appeared.
At least I have a phone. Not through with the camera and I'm having to learn a little bit different functions on this phone but other than that..... A relief from yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_20230826_074158596.jpg
    IMG_20230826_074158596.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
The odd thing is, the battery was not damaged in my old phone because you can feel the vibration when it powers up. The battery charge condition beeps when the battery gets full and I could almost receive calls if the touch screen would work. After the phone was broken I did receive two phone calls, ......the phone was ringing. Obviously I couldn't open the phone to answer. I had a protective case on it but not on the screen. It was face down I'm a pavement, so I don't think it would have stood the half a dozen cars hitting it.

Currently sweating my ass off and waiting for my friend's ex to pick up the crotch goblin so I can bring him out to check electrical. It got up to 108 the other day. Supposed to stay around 90 today, which is good bc the power outage killed my AC yesterday. Reversing valve won't switch over to cold and its only blowing hot air now. 93 inside right now but 88 outside. Tried all sorts of troubleshooting measures. Friend is going to take a look but I contacted the seller for the outside unit (which is running) and he said earliest he can send someone out is tomorrow. Ugh. He also did help me with some troubleshooting and really tried to figure it out.

Changed settings on the thermostat, poured bleach down condensate line, changed filters, turned AC off and reset breakers.... Ugh.

while I was typing the AC guy called and said they had a job finish early and they should have someone out here by 3 today. woohoo!

Thanks, Havasu.

It turned out to be something no one suspected & that the technician had never seen before. On the circuit board that controls the outside AC unit is a molex connector. A single orange wire had come loose and wasn't connecting with the pin. When the tech went to remove the panel on the outside unit, he had to hit it to make it come loose and there was a hissing sound from inside the condenser. He said it was the reversing valve switching. He was very puzzled. He then examined everything and found the loose wire. Pushed it back in and then made sure everything turned on properly. He monitored it for several minutes then went inside to check the air temps coming out of the vents. He told me that by default the condenser blows hot but that it needs to be told to switch to cold and bc of the loose wire, it wasn't getting the message.

On the upside, I now registered my thermostat, it tells me outside temperature, and I can check the current temp from my computer. I can even tell it to change temperature settings.

Everyone from this hvac company is very nice. Dude was sweating bullets in the heat so I brought him a cold bottle of water from the fridge. Best part was there was no charge as its under warranty. I did get a chuckle when he called his boss to say "You'll never guess what the problem was!"

LOL. Yeah, how are they supposed to protect that from the ran on that vehicle?

Kitty getting the water. LOL! I had a cat who loved having water poured on her. Her name was Cindy. I remember when she gave birth to a kitten in the summer and was overheated. I got some water and poured it over her and she sighed in relief. For some reason she only had one kitten. I had another cat who had 9 kittens.

Feeling cooler today but still tired. I forgot to put litter back in the litterboxes after I cleaned them out. Oops. Cats are not happy about that. I racked the hell out.

Custom painted wood base you ask?
Well somebody did. 😁
Actually, it's wipe on stain.
If you lay the base flat on the new floor, it matches beautifully. Turned 90 degrees and placed against the wall, it goes dark.
...but the contrast looks better than if it matched perfectly.
Someone else did the fancy painting.
I did however, paint the 30 degree beveled edges. I just used some acrylic artist paint 🎨 that I had on hand from another project.
I tried to mimic the painted fake grain the other person did. Kind of a fun project. There were only 4 pieces to do this too.

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_193008732_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230904_193008732_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230904_192957784.jpg
    IMG_20230904_192957784.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back