Wth....

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a party to attend, floated in pool, answered calls from pesky consumers all weekend. Don't these consumers understand what the word holiday means? Especially LABOR DAY! IT'S NOT "ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE ALL DAY HOLIDAY"!!!

Finished up my new generation SuckerDownNow 2000 seam tool today, and gonna test it tomorrow doing a 12 by 18 inch repair in the middle of a living room........... with $4 per yard looped pile carpet......... I can see the backing between the sparsely located loops of olefin. :rolleyes:

Finished up my new generation SuckerDownNow 2000 seam tool today, and gonna test it tomorrow doing a 12 by 18 inch repair in the middle of a living room........... with $4 per yard looped pile carpet......... I can see the backing between the sparsely located loops of olefin. :rolleyes:

Video?

High I think you should call it the "Suck it up Now." It sucks the glue up into the backing doesn't it.
Daris

How does one determine that? A seam weight pushes or forces glue into the backing. The suction from the SuckerDown 2000 pulls the seam tape upward against the unit in similar manner. I have a Sears 6.5 hp (their claim, not mine) shop vac and it doesn't pull any glue above or into the seam area.

Let us know how it works Partner . :)

Works like 6 1/2 horses of Sears Craftsmanbutta! Smooth my man, smooth.
So did my 10 year old version. ;)

How does one do video with a Canon F-1?
.......and I'd need to hire actors, a film crew, a bunch of paid consumers oooing and awing as I described the fantastic features of this wooden contraption. :rolleyes:
I'm working on version 3, with minor changes......... but then I still need to make it "pretty" :D
Mine has some additional benefits over a version that's commercially available.

Last edited:
That's why I have used it on most every seam for the past 6 or 8 years. Because it doesn't do anything. :D I can't begin to recall the last time I used my tool box as a weight.
...........that said, I don't know what I did on Tuesday. :D

Ya just have to trust me, Rusty. If I didn't see something better with my seams, I wouldn't waste my time with this, or thermo sealing or giving at least a slight pre-stretch to the seams. I do everything overkill, even if the improvement is minor. I'd stop myself.............. but I just can't. Probably the reason I can't make money in this trade. ;)

There's numerous new phones out there High that do video and pics very well. Stop being such a cheapskate. :D Time to move out of the sting and cambells soup can era. :p

Did this thread derail somewhere?
I'm working on making one too. when do we stop caring about quality? prolly never.
Do we get compensated fairly? prolly not.
I like doing my best work so I can sleep at night too highup.
And if you guys would like I can start posting random stuffs again for you to reply to but I figure it's ad-naseum for you vets.

Latest posts

Back