Cordless finish nailers

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

Anyone use these, seems like it would be nice to not have to haul my compressor, hose, and gun just to do baseboards. I am looking at the paslode and the dewalt. The paslode uses battery and gas, the dewalt just uses battery I'm pretty sure. I already have the 5 piece 18volt kit, so I have plenty of batteries.

Anyone use these, seems like it would be nice to not have to haul my compressor, hose, and gun just to do baseboards.

I have a paslode, just for that reason. Too expensive to run for an entire day but the convenience is great.

Compressors have definitely been getting smaller and lighter. I knew a few guys who would refill small tanks and bring them onto the site that had no electric or where just a few fasteners were needed.

I do like the paslode though, self-contained all in one case, there in a pinch. Customers like it and often ask how it works. I'm at $2 lf to install 3 1/4" composite, colonial base mold and I know guys supplying and installing it for $1 lf (I have no idea how they justify that). A unique tool helps justify an increased cost in the customer's mind.

havasu said:
Floor Maven, when you install base molding, does that also include the caulking between the base and the wall, or would this be left to the painter?

That's ready to paint.

Floor Maven, when you install base molding, does that also include the caulking between the base and the wall, or would this be left to the painter?

If the molding is white, I caulk it. I caulk it like its never been caulked before. Anyone ever wonder why some idiot decided to call it caulk? Youre going to name something so when my grandmother goes into a hardware store to ask for it everyone laughs?

Anyone use these, seems like it would be nice to not have to haul my compressor, hose, and gun just to do baseboards. I am looking at the paslode and the dewalt. The paslode uses battery and gas, the dewalt just uses battery I'm pretty sure. I already have the 5 piece 18volt kit, so I have plenty of batteries.

I think youre better off with a small compressor. Those cells can get expensive

I think the dewalt is battery only. The paslode could get expensive real fast.

I just use my ole DeWalt/Emglo single tank with two outlets with a 18ga or 16 ga finish nailer for base and nailing down wood. Best compressor ever made.

I think the dewalt is battery only. The paslode could get expensive real fast.

It's spring activated? Wonder what kind of power it has? I used to have a craftsman cordless electric tacker. It did a good job on the over head upholstery work. It would wind a gear that would compress a spring then let it loose. But it only drove a 9/16" staple.

If the molding is white, I caulk it. I caulk it like its never been caulked before.

I cut a 1/16" opening in the caulk tube...use very little, my joints are tight. Most of the walls I work with are textured so its just a matter of getting a seamless look.

havasu said:
My finishing touch with a caulking gun ends up with lots of spit and a finger. I have yet to find anything close to getting that smooth edge on caulking.

Try a small bucket of water with a couple of wash cloth size terrycloth towels. Use tight fitting gloves, rinse and ring thoroughly...like grouting, the less you leave on the less you have to wipe or wash off. You know when you're really good when you can apply and walk away. Then you're ready for silicone.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back