Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tires.jpg

BLM is making racial division worse. Do you think it is intentional?
I agree 100%. I don't disagree some reforms are probably needed, including education to white police officers so they better understand how they are perceived by minorities.
I understand how minorities assume they will be treated badly by white police officers...... so along that line, maybe police need new tactics to diffuse a mostly false assumption so it doesn't go from being upset to getting much, much worse.
There are a very tiny, probably miniscule number of bad cops. I'm talking racially bad or truley racist cops.
With that percentage tiny, and the black perception of racist cops huuuge........ well, I don't know how that's going to be fixed. Probably going to take decades to reverse those thoughts.
Just sad.
The media makes it so, so much worse by their demonizing the police.
My only thoughts about BLM at this point in time.......... and I mean the ONLY thing that I think of when I hear that organizations name is anarchy, loss of employment from lootings, arson, destruction of private and public property, grafitti....... Just change their name to IHUSA and it would be more accurate. (I Hate the USA)
There are few blacks where I live, so my bias is just from my point of view. That said, I've worked for thousands of local people over the years and can't recall one person I can imagine having racist traits.
....so for that reason alone, I have nothing to apologise for. I'm not racist, and only idiots would kiss the boot of a black protester and apologise for something they didn't do.
I'm fed up..... The violence was totally overshadowed by the destruction and violence.
It wasn't the protesters. It's the opportunists that caused most of the problems.

Last edited:
...one other thought. If detained by police, do what they ask, to not resist arrest even if you did nothing wrong, do not punch, hit, kick, struggle to get away and lastly, do not grab or attempt to grab any of their weapons...... it will not end well.
..............but the news will cover it if it makes a good headline.

Too bad school isn't in session right now. This would be a fantastic time for schools to have assemblies to educate children on how police do their job. Ideally the police officer would be the educator. He could explain to students in detail what he does when dispatch refers him to a specific location. He could use specific examples of what he does on his way to, and what he does once he arrives at the scene.
The biggest thing he could do is explain to them the proper way to behave when an officer feels the need to detain them or even put them in handcuffs.
It doesn't mean they're guilty and it doesn't mean they're going to jail. The officer can explain that he feels this sometimes needs to be done until he fully understands the situation is working in, and that is for his safety because at the moment he does not know anything about you, good or bad.
The most important thing to tell the kids is to cooperate and do what the officer requests. Do not squirm, run or try to get away. Do not grab the officer or hit him or spit on him. Most importantly do not try to grab the officer's weapon use because it will not end up well.
Once the officer does his presentation, there needs to be a question and answer time afterwards.
This sort of presentation at this point in time might best be done by black police officer. That alone might ease tensions because of today's political climate.
I say all this because it's quite obviously, parents today do not teach their children proper behavior when confronted by a police officer. Social media tells the kids not to respect the police.

I had a cop illegally stop me today. We have no primary seat belt law, so they invent a reason to stop you and write a ticket for no belt. Supposedly, I had a turn signal out. But I checked and they were working fine.

Lincoln County, Oregon has now made masks mandatory for white people but has exempted so-called “people of color” because they say it promotes racial profiling.

Health officials in Lincoln County, Oregon announced last week that residents must wear face masks in public settings where they may come within six feet of another individual who is not from the same household.

Lincoln County, Oregon has now made masks mandatory for white people but has exempted so-called “people of color” because they say it promotes racial profiling.

Health officials in Lincoln County, Oregon announced last week that residents must wear face masks in public settings where they may come within six feet of another individual who is not from the same household.
I wouldn't even drive 60 miles to be near them. There 120 north of me.

Oregon has officially gone off the deep end.
Rival colleges, the University of Oregon Ducks and the Oregon State Beavers will no longer hold civil war games when they compete. They will still compete, but "civil war" will be replaced with a less offensive term..... yet to be determined. I'm going for the "Flower Bouquet Game"
I'm guessing book burnings are soon to follow......... idiots. 🤬

It's gonna keep getting worse I think.
Name changed a couple years ago for an Oregon HS school. They've always been called the South Eugene Axemen...... A good name for an Oregon team.
https://www.opb.org/news/article/south-eugene-oregon-high-school-mascot-name-axe/They should have removed the potentially violent word "Axe" altogether and replaced it with "The Fighting Eugene Tree Planters. 😞
Heck, our school team is the Marshfield Pirates. We and the neighboring North Bend Bulldogs have civil war games also....... I have a feeling our town will now cave on the civil war term too.
It's going to pretty dull when the United States a has been wiped clean of it's history. This stuff is very upsetting to me. :confused:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back