Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest problem with this pandemic is hindsight. In my 63 years and 2280 minutes of life, I've never seen a true pandemic.
The only good thing about it is knowledge for the next one. In the beginning Fauci said we didn't need them.
Everyone here in Oregon has been wearing masks, so in reality, the pandemic should be over. I see people out jogging by themselves, wearing masks. 🤔

COPIED FROM GINA DAVIS COOPER
I urge everyone to go watch the debate again.
Like most, I woke up this morning still in a haze from last night's Presidential Debate between Trump vs Biden. There appeared to be so much back and forth that I couldn't really recall today, much of what either candidate said. So I decided to watch it again, dissect it and approach it in a factual view. Much like watching a movie, the first time you are caught up in the theatrics of things and you miss the details. So today, I focused on details. I pulled out my stop watch and I timed every single word for each candidate. How long did they talk, how many times did they interrupt the other, etc. Here are my findings. They are unbiased. I also included unbiased fact check that has also been peer reviewed and fact checked against many different articles and sources.
First is how much time did each candidate get to speak.
●TRUMP had a total of 24 minutes and 9 seconds.
●BIDEN had a total of 33 minutes and 4 seconds.
During this debate, each candidate and even the moderator interrupted the others substantially.
●TRUMP interrupted Biden 64 times
●BIDEN interrupted Trump 57 times
●5 minutes and 35 seconds total of both Candidates talking over each other or back and forth which I labeled as overlapping. These minutes were not added to either candidates talking minutes total with my analysis.
Moderator CHRIS WALLACE Interrupted
● Trump 21 times
● Biden 5 times
Both Candidates were asked questions regarding condoning/condemning hate groups .
●TRUMP was asked if he would condemn white supremacists groups. Trump said "yea sure, I'm willing to do that" Chris Wallace asked again and Trump asked what group would you like me to say? Biden then retorted Proud Boys. Trump then said "Proud Boys Stand down and Stand By"
●Biden was asked if he supported BLM, he did not answer nor did he even recognize the question about BLM
BIDEN brought up his son and said that Trump called him a loser and his son was a hero who received a "Brown star" Trump responded by asking which son, he stated he didn't know Beau but did know about Hunter and his dishonorable discharge as well as receiving 3.5 million dollars from Moscow.
●There is no such thing as a "Brown star". There is a Bronze Star, which is given for heroic acts. Beau Biden was presented with a Bronze Star for his service in 2008.
●Trump's camp has denied the report from The Atlantic that said Trump called dead WW1 soldiers losers . Those present that day all deny hearing Trump say that, including Trump nemesis John Bolton.
● ********87 page Senate Report shown wire transfers to Hunter Biden from Elena Baturina, wife of former mayor of Moscow. Those transfers included 3.5 million in Feb. 2014. As well as "several payments of several hundred thousand dollars" in 2015.
Biden also claimed the US owes more money to China now than when Trump took office.
●US debt is roughly 26 Trillion dollars. Of that Japan owns 5.2% and China owns 4.6%. Other countries also own substantial US debt including but not limited to UK, Brazil, Ireland, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, Belgium, and Switzerland.
●In Oct.2016, China owns 1.12 Trillion of US debt.
●As of Aug. 2020, China owns 1.7 Trillion of US debt.
***BIDEN claimed that Antifa is "an idea not an organization " it’s an idea.
●Antifa first had roots in Germany in the 20s/30s. The movement came to the US in the 70s/80s and gained notoriety and was more prominent in the last 10 years. While it started as an Anti Fascist movement, they have since became organized and have many cell groups such as Rose City Antifa out of Portland. Many of the cells claim organization status, recieve many donations as well as tax deductions.
I went through very thoroughly and documented insults, here is the following
●TRUMP told Biden "There's nothing smart about you" as a retort to Biden telling Trump to be smarter.
●TRUMP also criticized Biden on rally attendance stating "If you could get the crowds, you would have done the same thing".
●TRUMP criticized Biden on wearing masks, saying "Every time you see him, he's wearing a mask" “He could be speaking 200 feet away from it. And he shows up with the biggest mask I’ve ever seen."
●BIDEN called Trump Racist
●BIDEN called Trump a clown twice
●BIDEN called Trump a liar
●BIDEN referred to the President as "Donald", "Old Buddy ", "This Man", "Putin's Puppy" on several occasions.
●BIDEN told Trump that he was the "wrong guy, wrong night, wrong time" . Is that a threat? Could you imagine the press field day if President Trump said that??
●BIDEN told Trump to "Keep yapping man"
●BIDEN asked Trump "Will you shutup man?"
Those are the facts. Unbiased Facts of the 1st Presidental Debate. I'm not sure this haze has lifted but I at least was able to clear it a little to get to the details. Until next week's debate...God help us and May God Bless America.

highup about March 17th everybody who returned to NZ, not just Chinese, even us as we were at Australia, had to go into self quarantine for 2 weeks it was during this time NZ went into a complete lock down with everything shut except supermarkets, petrol service stations etc Even Mac Donald's was shut, vegetable shops, Butchers etc no bars restaurants open. The office type people had to work from home. One was not even allowed to lay floorings Everything was shut down.
You guys didnt go this far as from what we saw on the news life carried on much as usual. The only new cases we are getting here now are people returning from overseas and being put strait into a Quarantine hotel at a cost of about $3000.00 to that person for 2 weeks. There are no new cases of the virus in the public area of NZ only those coming into the quarantine. Even today at Auckland people are not allowed to go anywhere there are over 100 people so hotels, Returned Service Mens Clubs, and even the Stetson Club where we go for Rock and roll, Country Music is closed Might get lifted next week for Auckland. Everywhere we go we have to sign in through our phones to say where we have been so we could be contacted later
Did you guys have anything like this ?
https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-...lf-and-others/keep-track-of-where-youve-been/Which is still in every shop, building one enters

Last edited:
Ugh. Now there are idiots on Twitter ranging from GOP politicians to bots/trolls who are claiming the Covid infections are some sort of assassination attempt by either China or the Democrats. Since Trump showed symptoms by Friday, it's likely he already had it before the debates. He may even have known he had it before going because he deliberately arrived too late to be tested. Frankly, I'm surprised that a lot of these people didn't get Covid sooner with how they've been holding large gatherings so often. People are saying Hope Hicks infected Trump but it's entirely possible he got it from someone else and passed it to her. We'll probably never know, and the point is moot-- but the real problem is the bots/trolls are actually calling for violence against Democrats & saying they need to respond with "bullets" and start shooting a bunch of Democrats if Trump dies or gets worse.
Not the kind of thing any reasonable person should be saying.
Something I did notice, both the doctor and the press secretary gave a timeline that indicated Trump tested positive for Covid on Wednesday morning. When asked for clarification he said Trump's most recent test was Thursday. That doesn't rule out a positive test on Wednesday.
That's assuming it's not some smokescreen of some sorts. We've been lied to so much I don't believe any of them-- not the CDC, not the WH, not the press, not the doctors....

Whenever these things happen, all sorts of conflicting stories pop up. It was the same way when Reagan was shot. Many thought Alexander Haig was calling the shots back then. And people were not happy about that.

I posted this on Facebook but it bears repeating. I’m not a fan of Trump or his Republican buddies. But no amount of political difference is enough to want him to suffer from Covid.
So one time, I’ll say, “Get well soon, just so we can beat you in November!”

Two of the main things that worry me about the Democrats being in power. In spite of the fact that gun homicides and gun violence have declined every year for 30 years and the CDC lists around a million defensive uses per year, Harris keeps saying she wants to eliminate the private ownership of guns. And their new stimulus bill would provide checks to illegals and another $600 a week unemployment. I know a couple people who could have gone back to work, but refused because $600 was more than they made working. Of course the fact that the riots are all in Democratically controlled cities does not help either.

I posted this on Facebook but it bears repeating. I’m not a fan of Trump or his Republican buddies. But no amount of political difference is enough to want him to suffer from Covid.
That's being too fair and level headed, Tom. Your supposed to be angry and participate in riots. 😁
The whole political scene has become rediculousy devicive.
If Trump wins, or if Biden wins, the country will still be here.
I don't like Trump personally. He's a wee bit of a jerk. 😁 I don't like people with big egos either....... he seems to have a hint of that too. 😁
.....but that has zero effect on my vote. I'm voting for what I believe is best for this country.
Every Democrat during the debates raised their hand in favor of, when asked about free health care for illegal aliens. ....the question asked, was worded in the politically correct term, undocumented worker. The new green deal will cost tens of trillions, and the second amendment will be shredded. Taxes on businesses will be huge, and they even brag about doing it. Business and corporations won't absorb the taxes, they will raise the price of their products. Gas taxes will go through the roof to fight 'climate change'. Low energy prices are the engine of our economy.
So no, I don't like Trump either, but I like the party platform. I'd like to see the Democrats get closer to center than they are now. I don't think it's possible get further left than the party is now.
I'm a registered Democrat.

I’m much more of a centrist myself. Got that way by getting old(er). I am not for going easy on violent crime. I want drug dealers, murderers, and carjackers sent to prison in Afghanistan and not permitted back in the US. I am also of the belief that police get into no win situations when facing minorities. And there are too many bad cops in the system. Bill Clinton ran sting operations across the country to find social profiling issues.
As to illegal aliens, if you talk to a Trump supporter and dig for the real truth, you might find that they don’t care if the alien is legal or not. They don’t want them here either way.

And Trump can’t fix this talking the way he does.

The dems in California have a proposition to allow 17 year olds to vote, as well as prisoners who have committed heinous felonies and even murderers would be allowed to vote.

Why don't they just have a mandate that only dems can vote?

I'm close to where you are, Tom. Illegal is illegal. I think the media blends legal and illegal together when labeling Republicans or conservatives as racists.
Trump, myself and any friend or client I have ever known thinks legal entry is fine and dandy. They spend sometimes years to get in legally, only to see another sneak under the fence to get here. So, so unfair to label the both "immigrants". The Democrats have done just that.
If we need a larger workforce we could add more ports of legal entry and find a way to speed up the immigration process.
Bad cops get all the press, making it look like a large percentage of them are.
The major news doesn't make a habit of showing cops that are doing things because the care.

it

Check out Donut Operator on you tube.
His videos show the whole stories, not the 3 to 5 second clips from the media, aimed to rile up the audience and makes people hate cops.
He also shows why cops shoot so often...... "unarmed" people often have guns the media fails to note in their 5 second news story.
Police need increased funding, not decreased funding. How is training or retraining possible with less money and overworked police because 1/4 of the force was layed off?
......not to even mention their current mental and moral issues from being hated simply because of their uniforms.
Personally, I'm just frustrated at the one sided media. I'd blame them for 1/2 the problems we have right now. They drum into us daily, what they want us to think...... done enough times they succeed.

The dems in California have a proposition to allow 17 year olds to vote, as well as prisoners who have committed heinous felonies and even murderers would be allowed to vote.

Why don't they just have a mandate that only dems can vote?
Didn't they just vote on that? 😁

Unless the laws have changed, illegal aliens are supposed to get free healthcare if they are in custody of immigration. I really wish we'd go back to the non-profit healthcare that existed prior to Nixon. Universal healthcare won't do jack if we don't first stop the price gouging from the pharmaceutical & medical companies. It should not cost $8k for an MRI that should only cost $80.
People wouldn't be as tempted to stay on Unemployment if their jobs paid more. If minimum wage wasn't so damn low & if corporate execs weren't paid bonuses to perform below expectations (by setting the bar very low). There is so much wrong with our country & system that needs to be fixed. Greed has taken over.
Our tax system punishes the middle class but lets big corporations and top 1% get away with not paying taxes. Bezos paid 0 taxes but my best friend who makes less than $25k/yr paid over $3k in taxes to Louisiana state alone. That doesn't count his federal taxes and New Jersey taxes. He gets taxed 3 ways bc his company is from NJ & they charge him NJ taxes but Louisiana takes a huge bite too.

Unless the laws have changed, illegal aliens are supposed to get free healthcare if they are in custody of immigration. I really wish we'd go back to the non-profit healthcare that existed prior to Nixon. Universal healthcare won't do jack if we don't first stop the price gouging from the pharmaceutical & medical companies. It should not cost $8k for an MRI that should only cost $80.
People wouldn't be as tempted to stay on Unemployment if their jobs paid more. If minimum wage wasn't so damn low & if corporate execs weren't paid bonuses to perform below expectations (by setting the bar very low). There is so much wrong with our country & system that needs to be fixed. Greed has taken over.
Our tax system punishes the middle class but lets big corporations and top 1% get away with not paying taxes. Bezos paid 0 taxes but my best friend who makes less than $25k/yr paid over $3k in taxes to Louisiana state alone. That doesn't count his federal taxes and New Jersey taxes. He gets taxed 3 ways bc his company is from NJ & they charge him NJ taxes but Louisiana takes a huge bite too.

truth is anyone without proof of identity can go into an ER and get free health care. Been that way since Reagan passed the COBRA act I think. And even with Obamacare, they still crowd the ER. They take their little kids there with sniffles and minor scrapes and fill the room.

Actually the law is EMTLA, passed by George HW Bush.

Reagan pushed through the first gun control laws as Governor of California. He was afraid of blacks being armed. The police were not patrolling black areas, so the black panthers were keeping drug dealers out of their hood. When they were carrying guns in public, it scared Reagan.

racist.jpg

Latest posts

Back