Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s a political issue I have .

How did we become a nation that seizes money from people , spends it against their wishes and trains agents with assault rifles and handguns to go out and seize said monies ?
I'm OK with armed IRS agents enforcing tax law. And if they feel the need to use deadly force in criminal investigations I don't expect them to fight off organized, international criminal gangs with a set of nunchucks.

They have to use undercover agents.
They have to engage with dangerous criminals.
They need guns, ammo and proper training.
I don't see viable alternatives.

I'm OK with armed IRS agents enforcing tax law. And if they feel the need to use deadly force in criminal investigations I don't expect them to fight off organized, international criminal gangs with a set of nunchucks.

And they really needed 10,000 of them?

How about cut government down to about a twentieth its size and fund it the way it was funded before income tax ?
There is no call for any of the entire EOP in the constitution all this government is what is destroying the country

I’ve got an idea how we can get rid of armed gestapo type agents seizing income how about a flat consumption tax ? Personally I’m sick of giving half my production to this insane government, all the agencies are corrupt and everyone knows it you have to be living under a rock not to.

How about cut government down to about a twentieth its size and fund it the way it was funded before income tax ?
There is no call for any of the entire EOP in the constitution all this government is what is destroying the country
Still, where criminals evade tax you will need physical force to collect what they owe-----guns and prisons. Scaling back the federal government is something I've always advocated. In any scenario for civilization to thrive you will need citizens who honestly pay their taxes.

I’ve got an idea how we can get rid of armed gestapo type agents seizing income how about a flat consumption tax ? Personally I’m sick of giving half my production to this insane government, all the agencies are corrupt and everyone knows it you have to be living under a rock not to.
Flat tax on consumption-------national sales tax is what they have in Europe. I don't care about the schemes for taxation if government is 20 times larger than Constitutionally allowed for---------and we agree on that!. I support less government, especially at the federal level. But I still think when we get that sorted our collectors will need weapons and prisons. People will cheat and they need to be caught and punished regardless.

Last edited:
Currently about 2000 IRS agents are authorized to carry weapons.
I believe they work exclusively in Criminal Investigations, a special unit within the IRS. The vast majority of IRS employees never leave their cubicles. I wonder if they're not working remotely.

Last edited:
I’m tired of busting my ass every day and giving the state/fed government a third of my income while I don’t even have medical insurance. But the degenerates that hang in the alley behind the shop smoking/shooting everything in sight have the best medical insurance, free phones, free food & pocket money….. wrong answer!

I’m tired of busting my ass every day and giving the state/fed government a third of my income while I don’t even have medical insurance. But the degenerates that hang in the alley behind the shop smoking/shooting everything in sight have the best medical insurance, free phones, free food & pocket money….. wrong answer!
Health care in this country is a disaster.

Government efforts to make it "affordable"-------just like housing and education. Who would think that adding so many trillions of dollars in artificial government subsidized demand would cause inflation? Who could have EVER predicted such a supply/demand phenomena?

We also pay 33% to combined state and federal income tax. But the effective rate is only 24% because of the Standard Deduction discounts the first $27.7K

Health care in this country is a disaster.

Government efforts to make it "affordable"-------just like housing and education. Who would think that adding so many trillions of dollars in artificial government subsidized demand would cause inflation? Who could have EVER predicted such a supply/demand phenomena?

We also pay 33% to combined state and federal income tax. But the effective rate is only 24% because of the Standard Deduction discounts the first $27.7K
No kidding. I have insurance and I have been trying to get in to a hematologist since July 19th.

If you have only ten armed agents that’s enough if the population sits and waits their turn to be abused and attacked
That's why I support both capital and corporal punishment. We dont have evidence to support my theory because it's not practiced here but I'm certain it would save many, many billions in mass incarceration costs if we executed murderers, rapists and egregious sex offenders. Criminals would stop doing many crimes if punishments were swift and severe.

You seem to be posing the concern of "innocence". Every MF on death row is innocent too then.

Last edited:
It’s not 10k stop it. Read the bill it’s 87000, who in their right mind wants to live with a government that seizes half your productivity at the point of a gun ?
Sorry, it's actually 1200 new agents that will be trained and armed to enforce our tax law.

https://www.atr.org/bidens-irs-chief-irs-hiring-1200-more-gun-carrying-agents/
Discussions over taxation in any civilized culture have to begin with accuracy. I think you've been misled by partisan propaganda nonsense deliberately desgned to whip up poorly informed citizens. Other than that the 87K added manpower to the IRS isn't exceptional if you draw back a few decades with historical levels of staffing. It's also critical to seperate MORAL/political/philosophical (fairness) issues over taxation with technical questions of efficiency and execution of enforcement. I'm at least as anti-government as you. I promise. If I'm trying to figure fair and efficient ways to collect taxes that doesn't mean I support the federal government running up a zillion dollar debt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back