kitchen floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately around here they burn people's houses down and murder their pets for saying anything that goes against the beliefs of the fanatics. I couldn't even get them to let me have a secular affirmation for jury duty.

But back to the flooring, the honey oak vinyl plank look is nice. My mother liked the gunstock oak laminate and I'm hoping to find something that will look similar in the vinyl.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of taking some of the scrap sheet vinyl (leftover from my bathroom) and using it to replace the shelf paper under my kitchen sink-- but I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not. I may end up using the stuff I'm going to pull out of my mother's bathroom instead. It's thinner and might be easier to manage. I'll just have to find a good way to seal it to keep water from getting under it.

In case of leaks. And its easier to clean than the crappy shelf paper. But I suppose maybe I just need better shelf paper.

Yes . the idea of putting something in there coming off a bathroom floor where i put my food just gives me ICK. I don't care what kind of cleaner you use .

That's just me . You can buy a cheap felt back vinyl if that is what you want by the foot . 12 x 1 [etc].

I used some floor tile found at Re-Store and installed it under my sink. It allowed me to gain some experience with tiling, is now attractive and fully waterproof in the event of any leakage. Best of all, it was really inexpensive.

Given that my cat has been using the floor in front of the sink and under the sink as a litterpan, the flooring from the bathroom is not bad. LOL. It's better than the mouse-urine soaked stuff that's under there now.

The new sheet vinyl is clean though. It was just the excess from when I put new stuff in my bathroom.

The Re-Store is pretty cool, although the nearest one to me is inexplicably closed on days its not supposed to be closed.

Under the sink we basically just stick buckets and a tub with cleaning supplies. No food stuff goes in there.

My kitchen sink is so disgusting right now though because it was backed up for a long time. I was actually washing dishes in the bathroom sink for a few months.

If I showed a picture of my kitchen floor it would horrify you. LOL.

I've mistakenly told peoples that the left over vinyl makes a good cabinet shelf paper. All the sudden I find myself installing it under cabinets. sigh:(

I use to make a lot of them . You can copy and paste them for your own use if you like .

s7wibku.gif

Don't burn yourself, It's hot. lol

You can set it as a background E . It will still animate . :)

= "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least %1$s characters.";
:eek:

Last edited:
You have to have more than four digits in a post. What if I don't have that much to say?:D

How thick is this under layment you speak of? I'm going to pull up a corner today and see how easy it scrapes up. Thank you for the replies I will post how it goes

Latest posts

Back