kitchen floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick, she said it was vinyl not laminate. If it had been laminate I would say just sweep it use a dry mop thingy.

I still think the "dinner mat" thing for the dog's food and water might be good for the floor though.

You are right. I have seen a dog's water dish make a vinyl seam separate more than once.

Wow! That is beautiful, Windy! I'll have to look up and see if they sell that at any of the stores somewhat near me. That color is somewhat similar to the color of my cabinets (which are made from solid oak).

As for cleaning, I think you might be able to use a swiffer wetjet or one of the similar things on it. Probably sweeping and wetjetting or something would take care of it. Just be sure to use non-abrasive cleaners.

There is a little rubbery type mat that they sell at some stores (I know some Walmarts carry it) that you can put under your dog's food and water dishes. If food spills out it lands in the tray and is less likely to get spread around. Water gets caught in it as well (as it has a little lip). I'm trying to see if I can find a listing for it. I use it in my kitchen and it makes things much easier. Right now my internet is being incredibly slow though. Google won't load. :-(
I'm going to have to talk to my housemate. I think he's using too much bandwidth...

Edit: I made him knock it off. here is the mat I use.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/DINNER-MAT-Cats-Dogs/10997330

What an adorable little doggy!

She is one of three dogs of mine. She is a Papillon. I also have a Pug and a Border Collie. I will get one of those mats for the water bowl. Thanks for the suggestion. All my dogs eat their food right up when I feed them.

Wood , and Laminate don't like water . Don't wet jet it .

Just get some Bruce hardwood cleaner ,and a microfiber mop and use that .

Nick, she said it was vinyl not laminate. If it had been laminate I would say just sweep it use a dry mop thingy.

I still think the "dinner mat" thing for the dog's food and water might be good for the floor though.

I will buy one of those mats for the dogs' water bowl.

You are right, Zanne. It is vinyl. I have a stick vacuum and I also bought a Swiffer Sweeper. The wet sweepers don't seem to do a good job. I also bought some of this.....http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I9JK6FI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I am open to any suggestions on what I should be using.

You are right. I have seen a dog's water dish make a vinyl seam separate more than once.

I'm on it. :D Thanks for letting me know. I love this floor and I want it to remain beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That is beautiful, Windy! I'll have to look up and see if they sell that at any of the stores somewhat near me. That color is somewhat similar to the color of my cabinets (which are made from solid oak).

As I mentioned before, it is Golden Oak colored Designer's Image vinyl click-lock flooring. I just bought it at the local Menard's home improvement store.

There is a reason i have my name and address sewed into the collar of my shirts .

That being said , I use a product called once and done for my vinyl.

Good luck with your new floor to the both of you .

Thanks, Windy. I checked yellowpages and there are two Menards listed, but they are over 100 miles away. So its like 3 or 4 hour drive one way. They close at 5pm and they are not open on weekends.

Once and Done.. I'll have to look for that. Thanks, Nick.

Thus far I've only used the swiffer on sheet vinyl. It sucked on my parquet flooring. It was beautiful at one time, but when we came back from overseas the tenants had ruined it. Now it is bubbled up in spots from water, has paw prints in paint and a huge big gunky spot of latex paint from when my brother knocked over the paint bucket and didn't bother to pick it up or tell anyone about it.

I wonder if they still sell lemon scented pledge. I like it better than orange.

Thanks, Nick. I'll have to check HD and Lowes. None of the Walmarts I've ever been to sell flooring.

DKdZdAE.gif

LOL. Cute little gif. For some reason I thought of an SNL song with Justin Timberlake and Lonely Island... :p

Ooh, that looks neat. Reminds me that I need to figure out what happened to the coffee and tea we picked up last time we were in Albuquerque. I can't have the coffee, but I've been meaning to try the tea.

I need to remember to look up the flooring on the big box store sites in a few minutes. I've just been working on installing my garbage disposal unit. I just need to get the pipes hooked up, but I'm missing one piece and I'm debating whether or not to bother with an AAV temporarily-- even though they aren't to code. I mean, I think I'd rather have one of those than an S-trap (which is what the sink has always had).

Thanks, Windy. I checked yellowpages and there are two Menards listed, but they are over 100 miles away. So its like 3 or 4 hour drive one way. They close at 5pm and they are not open on weekends.

What?!? Menards closed on the weekends? That is probably when they get the most business. Are you sure about that?

Last edited:
What?!? Menards closed on the weekends? That is probably when they get the most business. Are you sure about that?

That was what it said on the site for the hours.
It may just be for the ones in this area. A LOT of stuff is closed on weekends. There are places that don't open until 10am and then they close at 5pm or even 4pm.

Here they can't sell wine or alcoholic beverages over a certain proof on Sundays. I think they can sell beer though.

When I was a kid, we were driving thru Utah and the grocery stores and restaurants were closed on Sunday. You couldn't even buy gasoline. My dad finally convinced a store owner to sell him a loaf of bread and some bologna out of the back door. Many places had "blue" laws. The churches got the laws passed.

Latest posts

Back