kitchen floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then, post a picture of your leg. :D
OK, you asked for it! This is why you should wear kneepads!

IMG_20140706_103209_497.jpg

LOL. I love how this went from discussion of kitchen flooring to legs and thongs.

Here is my contribution (no thongs)
10003975_448581191941418_1626479143_n.jpg

The red was from either pomegranate seeds or coolaid-- I never figured out which. It came off of one of my cats. I think he sat in coolaid powder and when he curled up against my leg my sweat turned it in to this.

It came out pretty good. Took half of forever to get the first few rows started. Once I got past that thongs went a lot more smoothly.

Note(s) to self: :eek::D
1. Don't ever do that again.
2. If you do, get a set of kneepads.

There is why it went to thongs. You got to be careful what you say here somebody usually picks up on it and then it mushrooms.

Daris

Good deal. Can't wait to see the pics.

Oh yeah, anytime you do flooring, it is advisable to wear knee pads.

Did somone mention thongs?

It was probably hot in there.:D

Now I'm waiting to see the pictures.

Daris

So she was wearing a thong while installing?!!! :D We need to clear this up.

Yes, it was hot once Balota put the thong on. :D And I will post pictures. :eek:

The brand name is Designer's Image Click Lock. The color is Golden Oak. I think it is beautiful.

Wow! That is beautiful, Windy! I'll have to look up and see if they sell that at any of the stores somewhat near me. That color is somewhat similar to the color of my cabinets (which are made from solid oak).

As for cleaning, I think you might be able to use a swiffer wetjet or one of the similar things on it. Probably sweeping and wetjetting or something would take care of it. Just be sure to use non-abrasive cleaners.

There is a little rubbery type mat that they sell at some stores (I know some Walmarts carry it) that you can put under your dog's food and water dishes. If food spills out it lands in the tray and is less likely to get spread around. Water gets caught in it as well (as it has a little lip). I'm trying to see if I can find a listing for it. I use it in my kitchen and it makes things much easier. Right now my internet is being incredibly slow though. Google won't load. :-(
I'm going to have to talk to my housemate. I think he's using too much bandwidth...

Edit: I made him knock it off. here is the mat I use.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/DINNER-MAT-Cats-Dogs/10997330

What an adorable little doggy!

Last edited:
Wood , and Laminate don't like water . Don't wet jet it .

Just get some Bruce hardwood cleaner ,and a microfiber mop and use that .

Nick, she said it was vinyl not laminate. If it had been laminate I would say just sweep it use a dry mop thingy.

I still think the "dinner mat" thing for the dog's food and water might be good for the floor though.

Latest posts

Back