Leaf Blower

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloorMaven

Anyone carry a leaf blower to move sawdust etc.? I bet it could clear a toilet trap too.

I use to carry one to clean the driveway if i had to make cpt cuts .

For saw dust i just use the compressor .

They work great when you need to position a heavy piece of carpet but I don't think I'd want to be around when you stick it down a toilet trap.

Bet you wouldn't drink that quart of water. I certainly wouldn't want it to splash back into my face.

I currently close the lid on my compressor hose. It does a half way decent job but i do have to manipulate it a little to clear the trap completely and sometimes a couple of ounces will roll back in only to come out when I tip he bowl. I've been splashed a few times, while not my idea of fun I do crawl around on the ground for a living and have come across some pretty gross stuff. So really, I'm pretty much immune to some fresh toilet water. I'm lucky if that's the worst part of my job.

We use to have to stick a fire hose down the toilet in the Navy and pound DC plugs around it to unblock it from the salt build up .

would take two or three time to clear it . You don't want to be the one holding the hose in a small head when it blew the hose out . :D

image-2231915922.jpg

I use this cheap electric one quite a bit.
I use it to clean out the trailer about once a week.

When Tommy gave me a leaf blower receipt some years back to write off on his taxes, I thought it was a joke. He uses a broom to sweep the floors. But, he was using it to blow air under the softbac carpets to move them around easier on the pad, like hardsurfaceguy said.

Tia

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back