Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best was done with what was given. Easy to nit pick but could you do better? Yes, I saw your comment, " I don't know what could be done...". I thought it showed a solid skill set myself.

I think the best was done with what was given. Easy to nit pick but could you do better? Yes, I saw your comment, " I don't know what could be done...". I thought it showed a solid skill set myself.
Hi Steve, I’ve always been a nit picker, probably got it from fussy customers. Even solid skill sets are subject for improvement when it comes to Fussy Floorance 😜……Anyway , It looks like a difficult carpet to hide staples on but maybe a few more wiggles back an forth with the nose could have helped. Like you said it’s easy to nit pick.

I never had success hiding staples in a Woven Wilton turn and tack, but one time I was determined to do all I could to hide them. It took forever working the nose of the staple gun in between the shots of loops, but it looked really nice not having any trapped yarns. Granted under a nose and up against the cove molding makes it much more tricky…..Maybe in this case, with that carpet, removing the cove molding ( if possible) would have been an option for the customer to decide. That would allow the shot staple to go under the nose, rather than on the riser. Then cut and re-install the cove molding on the sides. OR ! Install waterfall method with tackless.

We would visit every job site, asking for the carpet sample to be there. That way maybe potential issues could be discussed and worked out ahead of time.

Stair installation looks great 👍 just a friendly neighborhood critique.

Nit pickers are good people. Have no guilt. You're part of a small group. That said, I'll take nit picker over being called an OCD patient any day.
One is an artist the other is crazy.

Nit pickers are good people. Have no guilt. You're part of a small group. That said, I'll take nit picker over being called an OCD patient any day.
One is an artist the other is crazy.
I became the nit picker because every shop I ever worked for would send ME back on punch list and pick-up work. No sense sending the dumbos back who screwed it up and didn't notice the flaws/omissions in the first place.

By the time I retired I swear if you showed me the plans/details/drawings/specification I could write up the punch list before the shop even started the job. Commercial installers are a pretty predictable, consistent lot.

So are the nit picking "end users".

catfish.PNG

We would call that bait, here. ;)

Today, all cars look the same. $35,000, $95,000..... Lexus, Toyota, Ford, IKEA? .....all look the same 😁
When my wife wanted a new mid-size SUV (2018) she HAD to look at every freakin' model out there. We test drove half a dozen and as per her norm it takes about a YEAR to make up her mind. By that time I can no longer care one iota which one she chooses as my brain is bleeding from the ears over her tortured selection methods.

What I recall most was how not only were the comparable models----Honda/Chevy/Subaru/Toyota/Ford........whatever indistinguishable from one another but generally you could look down the rows of SUVs and they'd have 3 or four nearly identical models with just a smidge size difference. To me it was like looking at a herd of 3 million wildebeasts and pretending you could tell one from the other. But of course the Princess and the Pea had the high taste to make such distinctions. I'm such a cretin.

Latest posts

Back