Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manage responsibilities? Doesn't that take bullets?
Go ahead fight the battle at home with your neighbors and possibly loose the war as a result of weakening defenses.

To be frank and to cross over into poorly managed responsibilities of respectability 😜 I have less concern over two seven year olds fondling and more concern from the overreacting, good intentioned adults.
Vengeance is not a virtue no matter how it gets spun.

walmart.jpg

Thought and homework for Dems + Repubs:

But first let me paint this picture.
Repubs need the Dems more than the Dems need them. Why ? …. Because Dems by their very nature push the envelope to advance change. Repubs, by their nature, fit better at managing change. Take away the Dems curious spirit and life would be BORING.

Now here’s the homework, because the final exam is approaching 🤔

Dems: Slow down you move to fast, gota make the morning last, 😝 …overwhelmed Repubs overreact.

Repubs: Change is inevitable, manage it. Controlling will delay. Force will delay. Ridiculing delays . Accept and get to work, otherwise the push back intensifies. Now the clumsy left hand has no choice but to take over the right hands job. So let’s stop becoming pissed, blame, and rattle sabers and let them be who they are because it’s distracting, and Just in case you didn’t notice, the fly is open and we forgot the responsible undergarments 😝 Zip it up Zippy and focus, so the next time we open that mouth, it says something responsible. Give peace a chance.
✌️

Walmart is closing 23 stores in 8 states (all blue).
Target is closing 9 stores in 4 states (all blue).
Walgreens is closing 900 stores (mostly blue)
Bed bath and beyond is closing its remaining 360 stores.
Lowes has closed 50 stores.
Macy's is closing 150 stores (mainly blue)
Starbucks has closed 61 stores (mainly blue)
Home Depot is closing 15 stores
Dollar Tree is closing 1,000 stores
Foot Locker is closing 400 stores
Gap is closing 350 stores
Party City is closing 24 stores (mainly blue)
Big Lots is closing stores in Cali and Colorado
Burger King is closing 400 stores
Best Buy is closing 20 stores
Boston Market is closing 27 stores
Kmart only has 2 stores left
Sears closed all but 22 stores
Regal Cinemas has closed 429 movie theaters
Kroger grocery chain has closed 413 stores
US Bank is closing 23 branches
Wells Fargo is closing over 60 branches
Capital One is closing 50 branches
Bank of America is closing 20 branches
All because the economy is so wonderful.

Walmart is closing 23 stores in 8 states (all blue).
Target is closing 9 stores in 4 states (all blue).
Walgreens is closing 900 stores (mostly blue)
Bed bath and beyond is closing its remaining 360 stores.
Lowes has closed 50 stores.
Macy's is closing 150 stores (mainly blue)
Starbucks has closed 61 stores (mainly blue)
Home Depot is closing 15 stores
Dollar Tree is closing 1,000 stores
Foot Locker is closing 400 stores
Gap is closing 350 stores
Party City is closing 24 stores (mainly blue)
Big Lots is closing stores in Cali and Colorado
Burger King is closing 400 stores
Best Buy is closing 20 stores
Boston Market is closing 27 stores
Kmart only has 2 stores left
Sears closed all but 22 stores
Regal Cinemas has closed 429 movie theaters
Kroger grocery chain has closed 413 stores
US Bank is closing 23 branches
Wells Fargo is closing over 60 branches
Capital One is closing 50 branches
Bank of America is closing 20 branches
All because the economy is so wonderful.
I'm usually in a good mood. I've never felt blue.
Rusty, I think Amazon and looting are responsible..... Not necessarily in that order.

I'm usually in a good mood. I've never felt blue.
Rusty, I think Amazon and looting are responsible..... Not necessarily in that order.
It was obvious to me 25-30 years ago that retail chains..........JUST LIKE commercial office space was overbuilt. I couldn't fathom that many stores so directly competing for even this very densely populated metro. There's a pretty flat limit to how many retailers can succeed given the income levels and population density.

Fast forward to 2024. Many, many of these stores failed and are boarded up. Strip malls, stand alone and super malls are all struggling. Yeah, Amazon and Walmart are mopping up Mom and Pop/Main Street retail and they're also wiping the floor with the vast majority of their corporate chain store retail competition. It's either Big Box or mail order.

If some of the failures can be traced to downward economic spirals thay doesn't suprise me, nor does it contradict my theory of malinvestment. Remember, those coporations and shareholder ventures heavily owned by pension funds and the vast majority of the malinvestment is OPM. (other people's money)

I just paid more to ship my van than I even paid for the van in the first place. I KBB’d what my van is worth and damn if I didn’t pay more for shipping than I could sell it for right now. Not sure what to think of that but I still have no vehicle payment and that’s what counts.

I remember back when vans were a dime a dozen and you could pick up a decent used van for 2k or less. I’ve bought several for 1k or less.

My buddy bought a newer Ram Promaster last year and his van is in the shop more than my van and my van has 560k on it. Makes me hesitant to even consider buying a new vehicle at all which is why I paid to have mine shipped. What would you have done?

IMG_6542.jpeg

I shipped my sister a car from LA to Hawaii, and it was $3000. Because it was going in a boat, they demanded that you had no more than 1/4 tank of gas, and the car could not have any items inside of it. We had hoped to place some bulky items, since it was all going to the same place, but the shipped nixed that idea quickly.

Latest posts

Back