Vortex report

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I type this my thermometer says 19.9*. I read in the news {MSN} tha Michigan has 4 deaths they think attributed to the cold spell. Tomorrow it supsed to go to 39. Monday possibly 50. Good, maybe I can get rid of the ice in my drveway. Only in Michigan,

I've seen a mentioin on the news about flooding when all the ice melts.......... because it will melt so fast. Possible? ....or just the news maker making news?

49 and steady...... chance of snow on Monday? We might die! :D
....accumulations could be up to zero inches. :rolleyes: They bring up "chances of snow" just to have something to talk about. They keep refining the forecast, so we'll know on Monday by going outside and looking up.

51086942_1212826158894609_3982679055676735488_n.jpg
Low tonight about 51, high tomorrow 67

37ish right now at 11:00. Came home from the store a while back and it was coming down hard........ Just sleet. If it would been dry snow, it would have been hard driving because it was blowing sideways. Not sure if it's gonna get colder or keep at 37 tonight.

I'm jealous of your weather Don. .....for once. :D
We barely got to 43 and I know it didn't stay there for long. 31 and dropping now. I'm guessing 28, but the news says 32.
Sad news today when I stopped in at the Carpet One store. The owners wife (co owner actually) had a strange look on her fave when she walked into the store.
She had witnessed a car crash on the way into town. They live 6 or so miles out of town. There was a nasty wreck in an area with passing lanes. A pickup crossed the center line and hit a Ford Hybrid. The pickup driver was the stores UPS man. One of his daughters was killed instantly and so was the driver of the small car. He and his other daughter were 'ambulanced' or flown out of town... not sure which. ...and we have a very good hospital.
The store owners daughters go to school with his daughters. Rough day for them. I joke a lot about our wimpy winter weather, especially today's snow. It may have snowed a 1/4 inch to one inch depending on where you live around here. I'm betting driving on snow when it's -4 is a lot safer than driving on compacted slush that's 32.6 degrees. I'm thinking that's what they were driving on. Life happens fast sometimes.:(

ED849DF4-347D-4325-B565-C4306ABF386C.jpeg
49 and sunny
I am eating my lunch again and watching these poor guys trying to dig a ditch for the electrical entrance wire
They were here all day yesterday and are still working on it
The one machine has some type of jackhammer on it .

Latest posts

Back