What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wings are awesome! A convection oven makes for some crispy wings without all the fat. I used to have a fry daddy but had to get rid of it. There is no reason I should be able to eat a deep fried Twinkie 10 minutes after waking up but a fry daddy makes that possible😳. I do miss being able to make scotch eggs with the tip of a hat. I haven’t gotten an air fryer yet cus I’m afraid I’ll use it.

My wife bought me a deep fryer for Christmas one year... 6 months later we were both the fattest we had ever been and had to get rid of it.
I do miss that time.

Wings are awesome! A convection oven makes for some crispy wings without all the fat. I used to have a fry daddy but had to get rid of it. There is no reason I should be able to eat a deep fried Twinkie 10 minutes after waking up but a fry daddy makes that possible😳. I do miss being able to make scotch eggs with the tip of a hat. I haven’t gotten an air fryer yet cus I’m afraid I’ll use it.
"Fried air" zero calories, zero taste. 👍

Pork chop with smashed taters n gravy and some oven roasted veggies.

F4B644DF-BE34-4335-BFFE-97720D00AA16.jpeg

But you put gravy on yours :)
I prefer food without any gravy or sauce You put sauces/gravy on things you dont like to make them taste better
Tomato/ketchup sauce on chips/fries are okay though
We get confused when we go to USA as you call things different than us as if you ask in a hotel for tomato sauce they look at us as we are stupid. Mac Donalds have chips here not fries and in a supermarket chips are waver thin in plastic bags :)

Last edited:
We get confused when we go to USA as you call things different than us as if you ask in a hotel for tomato sauce they look at us as we are stupid. Mac Donalds have chips here not fries and in a supermarket chips are waver thin in plastic bags :)

A lot of what we have to eat in America is called something different because it is. Pretty much everything in America is a lie, we are a country of lies, it’s all marketing. Ketchup should be called red colored sodium sugar glop. Yes it has SOME tomatoes in it but it’s hardly tomato sauce. For instance fancy ketchup, which is the highest grade, has to have at least 33% tomato solids in it. What the hell is the other 67%? (Potato) Chips are deep fried garbage. They’re so thin that there is hardly any potato compared to fat or other flavorings, even sugar Ever read a box of American cereal? It’s just one lie after another. Part of a complete nutritious plan to give you diabetes since even the non sugar cereals (cheerios/ kix) are all sugar (carbs) as far as your body is concerned.

I’m dealing with this right now cus my dad is diabetic. He thinks a bowl of cheerios in the morning isn’t bad. It even says on the box that it can help lower your cholesterol. The reality is your body instantly turns carbs into sugar so that bowl of cereal might as well be a slice of pie as far as your body is concerned. At least pie tastes good, cus it’s full of sugar.

How about high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). It is the meth of the sugar world. There is nothing in nature that has that caloric density. I challenge you to start reading your labels. That stuff is in bread and bread is already a carb which is nothing but sugar as far as your body is concerned. So now bread is sugar on steroids. It’s in ketchup, bbq sauce, salad dressing, muffins, cereal, chips, pizza, soda… it’s in pretty much any processed food. Why do you think we are all fat. This is also why I cook.

Rant over.

A lot of what we have to eat in America is called something different because it is. Pretty much everything in America is a lie, we are a country of lies, it’s all marketing. Ketchup should be called red colored sodium sugar glop. Yes it has SOME tomatoes in it but it’s hardly tomato sauce. For instance fancy ketchup, which is the highest grade, has to have at least 33% tomato solids in it. What the hell is the other 67%? (Potato) Chips are deep fried garbage. They’re so thin that there is hardly any potato compared to fat or other flavorings, even sugar Ever read a box of American cereal? It’s just one lie after another. Part of a complete nutritious plan to give you diabetes since even the non sugar cereals (cheerios/ kix) are all sugar (carbs) as far as your body is concerned.

I’m dealing with this right now cus my dad is diabetic. He thinks a bowl of cheerios in the morning isn’t bad. It even says on the box that it can help lower your cholesterol. The reality is your body instantly turns carbs into sugar so that bowl of cereal might as well be a slice of pie as far as your body is concerned. At least pie tastes good, cus it’s full of sugar.

How about high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). It is the meth of the sugar world. There is nothing in nature that has that caloric density. I challenge you to start reading your labels. That stuff is in bread and bread is already a carb which is nothing but sugar as far as your body is concerned. So now bread is sugar on steroids. It’s in ketchup, bbq sauce, salad dressing, muffins, cereal, chips, pizza, soda… it’s in pretty much any processed food. Why do you think we are all fat. This is also why I cook.

Rant over.
Same here and now all we have to do is get you guys to drive on the correct side of the road :)

Last edited:
The first one got slightly charred but nothing that we wouldn’t eat. Still learning the oven and these were kinda thick so a little lower temp for a little longer is the trick.

Anyway, #1 has a tomato sauce with pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon and anchovies. #2 is a garlic/ olive oil sauce with pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon and olives. Homemade dough with Heineken that poofed up nicely. I prolly coulda made 3 crusts out of one batch of dough instead of just 2. On the plus side it was light n fluffy. Thick crust is usually thick and fills you up quick. You gotta use plenty of cornmeal to make sure the dough slides off the peel and into the oven. Other than that I’m callin tonight’s pizzas a success.

42A5528A-CE68-44F9-B79D-297079EA5118.jpeg
ED7756DA-ECDF-45A6-A69C-1A9203533D3E.jpeg

Last edited:
Nuthin but carbs is more like it. My wife has made cauliflower crust before. Yeah it tastes a little different than regular ol pizza crust but it has a whole lot less carbs. I think you can buy some premade cauliflower crusts as well. Might have to do that for my dad next time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back