Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, someone broke down the details of Roger Stone's indictment-- which is long and detailed. Not only did he tell Congress (multiple times) that he had no texts or e-mails of any discussions involving Wikileaks or Julian Assange (although they used something like Organization 1 and a different term for Assange) but they found out he *did* have those texts/e-mails. They got ahold of them and saw that he tampered with a witness (Corsi) and told him what to say (plead the 5th) and even told him to lie if necessary. At one point he also threatened Corsi's dog and said "Prepare to die ****!" to him. So, it went to witness intimidation. So they can absolutely prove that he lied to Congress, obstructed the investigation, and tampered with a witness.

Meanwhile, I saw someone commenting about Colin Powell (in relation to a heartwarming story of him connecting with a guy who lost his leg in Afghanistan). The person complained that Powell "betrayed his party". I went off on him a bit. I said that loyalty to country is more important than loyalty to party and this dude actually disagreed with that. He would actually put party loyalty ahead of the good of our country. I just can't fathom how people can feel that way-- particularly someone who served in the military. I mean, I guess maybe having someone tell a person exactly what to think, say, and do takes the burden away from having to think for themselves, but still, it boggles me.

I don't know why Pelosi was dumb enough to give Trump his SOTU address before the 15th. Unless she knows something is coming that will prevent another shutdown, it's not wise to make that mistake. Once he gets his SOTU address out of his system, he'll go right back to shutting the government down again & blame it on the Democrats. The shutdown cost us $11billion already. We don't need another one.

Another meanwhile, sanctions were lifted from Oleg Deripaska and almost immediately a few people from Trump's campaign were hired to work at his companies. Looks rather suspicious-- especially since Deripaska is a known mobster.
So, someone broke down the details of Roger Stone's indictment-- which is long and detailed. Not only did he tell Congress (multiple times) that he had no texts or e-mails of any discussions involving Wikileaks or Julian Assange (although they used something like Organization 1 and a different term for Assange) but they found out he *did* have those texts/e-mails. They got ahold of them and saw that he tampered with a witness (Corsi) and told him what to say (plead the 5th) and even told him to lie if necessary. At one point he also threatened Corsi's dog and said "Prepare to die ****!" to him. So, it went to witness intimidation. So they can absolutely prove that he lied to Congress, obstructed the investigation, and tampered with a witness.

Meanwhile, I saw someone commenting about Colin Powell (in relation to a heartwarming story of him connecting with a guy who lost his leg in Afghanistan). The person complained that Powell "betrayed his party". I went off on him a bit. I said that loyalty to country is more important than loyalty to party and this dude actually disagreed with that. He would actually put party loyalty ahead of the good of our country. I just can't fathom how people can feel that way-- particularly someone who served in the military. I mean, I guess maybe having someone tell a person exactly what to think, say, and do takes the burden away from having to think for themselves, but still, it boggles me.

I don't know why Pelosi was dumb enough to give Trump his SOTU address before the 15th. Unless she knows something is coming that will prevent another shutdown, it's not wise to make that mistake. Once he gets his SOTU address out of his system, he'll go right back to shutting the government down again & blame it on the Democrats. The shutdown cost us $11billion already. We don't need another one.

Another meanwhile, sanctions were lifted from Oleg Deripaska and almost immediately a few people from Trump's campaign were hired to work at his companies. Looks rather suspicious-- especially since Deripaska is a known mobster.
Stone or whatever. Every single comment made against Trump shows the idiocy is really a so sad so sorry we lost-hope-for-collusion-gets-him-once-and-for-all-even-if-it-wasn't-true, thing...... I HATE TRUMP! That's all that matters even if he's doing what he promised to the voters.

Muller's report appears to be ready within the next week .........or 5 years, or whenever.
CNN hopes the report never gets finalized..... What will we ever need Jim for if we fail to destroy Trump??
The very worst scenario is if there is nothing substantial on Trump. If the Muller report doesn't "produce" any fun stuff, we may become a rogue nation.. ........total anarchy for no reason whatsoever. ...a snowflake nation if we aren't one already.
Anyone care to wait til the investigation/witch hunt is completed?
I don't know.............. but certainly they would tell me. You all seem to have been informed.
Everything is just hopes here. (amongst friends) We really don't know squat.

Last edited:
Nobody wanted Obama to fail. Not even the lovable teddy bear El Rushbo.
Rush said he wanted Obama to fail. I think he used those words. He uses words to piss off the opposition.......... because they never listen. They never listen to what his words mean. Listeners get it. Demoncrats don't. If you don't listen to him daily you have no reason to criticize him. If you heard a 3rd party soundbite or recording of something he said , you have virtually no idea what he was saying (meaning). The man is as brilliant as brilliant ever gets. If you don't agree it's because you don't listen to him. That said, he's strongly religious and I ain't got any religious, so we have strong disagreements on those lines.
He's a patriot like you have never seen before. He loves the US more than anyone. Rush has a deep passion for our history and he shows his passion every day.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...wins-children-s-book-author-of-the-year-award
In accepting the honor, Limbaugh said, "I love America. I wish everybody did.
Mee too. ;)
We need to start a Mee too cause doncha think?
"I love America" ...........Mee Too! .......Catchy ain't it? ;)
Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures With Exceptional Americans, in which Rush Revere and a talking horse named Liberty travel back in time to visit the pilgrims. Although the book has never been a critical favorite — one review accused it of "disdain for even the most rudimentary standards of storytelling" — it has been an enormous commercial success. Four finalists for the award were chosen because of their places on bestseller lists, and the winner was chosen by children's votes. In response to concerns about the list of finalists announced in March, the prize organizers — Children's Book Council and Every Child a Reader — had released a delicately worded statement: This program has never been about CBC or ECAR endorsing finalists. It has always been about CBC and ECAR endorsing young readers and giving them a choice and a voice on a national scale." In accepting the honor, Limbaugh said, "I love America. I wish everybody did. I hope everybody will.

If you have never listened to Rush on a personal level and understand his inner person, then you have no clue who you are hating.
I listened to him as he told about hes hearing loss. He was pretty much deaf for 3 months before he told his audience. I could hear his voice was different a long time before he told of his hearing problem.
He was joking at his very finest one day as he signed off the air. He said:
"and you wouldn't believe the price of jet fuel" Mark Twain couldn't have said it better.
Rush had recently bought a Gulfstream 550 or 650. His dad had plane and Rush had become an aeronautical enthusiast at an early age.
Crude prices were the topic that day. Prices were on the upswing. Callers were pontificating the reason for the increases in crude prices.
...as Rush was signing off and saying goodby, he uttered. "and you wouldn't believe the price of jet fuel"
Sarcastic sarcasmistivc sarcasm. People thought he was an egotistical arrogant asshole.
No, it was funny. It was meant to be funny. Sarcasm 10 to the 20th power. Non listeners don't get the joke.
He once said he gave a can opener to his Mom so she could open her dog food cans. Back then, the topic of the day was seniors eating dog food,.
Next day on the floor, Boxer or Feinstien was a ranting about him and his carelessness for the elderly. Gullible idiots.............. funny as the jet fuel comment. They take it an run like the fools they are.
Like I said. If you don't listen then you don't know. He screws with people. So funny they fall for it over and over. Rush fans know what hes doing.............. so we smile. :D

About Rush and his evil love of self. He once told about his greatest regret. Rush was supposed to go to college, to become a banker or some prestigious profession to make his dad and grandpa proud. He dropped out of college. It bored him and he knew what he really wanted to do..... Radio.

What's his greatest regret? He said he wished that his Dad had lived long enough to see his son come to the fame that he did. He said on air one day he would have loved to have been able to take his Dad for a ride on his plane. To prove I think to his Dad.............. "I hope that lived up to your expectations" (my words not his)
I was choked up many years ago when he said that on air. Can you imagine never living up to your Dad's expectations, then he dies, ...............then you succeed in life years later in ways that are unimaginable. His Dad never lived to see how well he'd done.
When Rush told that story, it showed he's as human as you and me. The jet fuel joke................ funny as Hell. It was a joke, not a rich braggart boasting of wealth.
If ya don't listen, you got's no clue as to what he's actually saying.
Life is too short. Enjoy the ride.;)
He's one of the few famous people I'd love to shake hands with.
I'd love to shake with Miley Cyrus too, but that's another story. (dream)

Last edited:
I started to talk about wanting Obama to fail.............. he used those words on purpose.
He didn't want Obama to fail, he wanted Obama's social medicine, social everyfrigginthinhg policies ................. to fail. It wasn't personal. He wanted Obama' policies to fail. He said what he said the way he always does. Controversial. He also said: Words mean things. He is the master.

If you have never listened to Rush on a personal level and understand his inner person, then you have no clue who you are hating.
I listened to him as he told about hes hearing loss. He was pretty much deaf for 3 months before he told his audience. I could hear his voice was different a long time before he told of his hearing problem.
He was joking at his very finest one day as he signed off the air. He said:
"and you wouldn't believe the price of jet fuel" Mark Twain couldn't have said it better.
Rush had recently bought a Gulfstream 550 or 650. His dad had plane and Rush had become an aeronautical enthusiast at an early age.
Crude prices were the topic that day. Prices were on the upswing. Callers were pontificating the reason for the increases in crude prices.
...as Rush was signing off and saying goodby, he uttered. "and you wouldn't believe the price of jet fuel"
Sarcastic sarcasmistivc sarcasm. People thought he was an egotistical arrogant asshole.
No, it was funny. It was meant to be funny. Sarcasm 10 to the 20th power. Non listeners don't get the joke.
He once said he gave a can opener to his Mom so she could open her dog food cans. Back then, the topic of the day was seniors eating dog food,.
Next day on the floor, Boxer or Feinstien was a ranting about him and his carelessness for the elderly. Gullible idiots.............. funny as the jet fuel comment. They take it an run like the fools they are.
Like I said. If you don't listen then you don't know. He screws with people. So funny they fall for it over and over. Rush fans know what hes doing.............. so we smile. :D

About Rush and his evil love of self. He once told about his greatest regret. Rush was supposed to go to college, to become a banker or some prestigious profession to make his dad and grandpa proud. He dropped out of college. It bored him and he knew what he really wanted to do..... Radio.

What's his greatest regret? He said he wished that his Dad had lived long enough to see his son come to the fame that he did. He said on air one day he would have loved to have been able to take his Dad for a ride on his plane. To prove I think to his Dad.............. "I hope that lived up to your expectations" (my words not his)
I was choked up many years ago when he said that on air. Can you imagine never living up to your Dad's expectations, then he dies, ...............then you succeed in life years later in ways that are unimaginable. His Dad never lived to see how well he'd done.
When Rush told that story, it showed he's as human as you and me. The jet fuel joke................ funny as Hell. It was a joke, not a rich braggart boasting of wealth.
If ya don't listen, you got's no clue as to what he's actually saying.
Life is too short. Enjoy the ride.;)
He's one of the few famous people I'd love to shake hands with.
I'd love to shake with Miley Cyrus too, but that's another story. (dream)
I had heard of Rush long before Fox. He was a sports reporter for the KC star and got fired because no one would work with him and he was a lousy reporter.

I don't get how the indictment of Stone equates to hating Trump. I don't hate Trump. I just see the harm he has done to the country & how people have been so divided & become so hateful to one another over the issues. People are just calling each other idiots because they disagree about things. I've seen some people wishing death on members of the opposing party and wanting a single party system. The two-party system sucks, but it used to work better when people put country before party and they weren't so extreme. I keep people griping about how centrists have no place in politics. I think we need more centrists and fewer extremists.

I am apathetic about Rush. He always struck me as one of those people who said things to try to shock people and that gets old after awhile. Bill Maher is another person who says things for shock value & likes to insult people to get ratings.

I just don't get why Trump can have meetings with Putin and have no American translators or witnesses but Putin is allowed to. Or if we have a translator Trump is allowed to take possession of the transcripts and tell the translator they are not allowed to share information. Sure sounds sketchy to me.

Rush has said some really stupid things, I mean really stupid things. I think he over prescribing himself with his meds again. He is a documented bigot and liar.

I have like 2 things I like about Trump. I like the bring back jobs to America. I've been on top of that since Bush Jr. Plus immigration reform. Not the wall but we do need to reform how people become citizens. Oh wait, immigration reform has been talked about for 20 years now and nothing has happened. So I guess thats just one thing. hehehe

Last edited:
I appreciate your honesty about Trump. Most people that hate him couldn't say something positive about him if he saved their kid from drowning. They'd appreciate it, but they wouldn't admit it.

I had heard of Rush long before Fox. He was a sports reporter for the KC star and got fired because no one would work with him and he was a lousy reporter.
He knew what he wanted to do and how to be successful. They had no clue what they lost. Well, I guess they do now. :D He's a self made man. Nobody gave him a radio show. He worked his way up.
He's a lot more conservative than I am, but he's fun to listen to. Ever listen to him talk to a caller from the dark side...... I mean a democrat. :D
He's polite and does his best to sway the person who doesn't like conservative values. When the caller is done, they always end on a friendly note.If you ever listen to a liberal radio show you are listening to foul mouthed venom. That's why liberal radio shows are so hard to find....... nobody listens to them and they fail time after time after time.
Check out the Stephany Miller Show. You will hurl at her nastiness.

One thing about people who don't like Rush........ they have never listened to him. Sound bites now and then, but never truly listening to him. You do have to listen a lot to understand him, especially when he speaks tongue in cheek. People that don't listen and understand him don't realize when he's sarcastic. He does it on purpose to screw with people............. and it's soo funny when they get suckered in. Regular listeners know when he's doing it.
I haven't listened to him much in that past few years. Radio in the van is toast and I only listen a bit in the morning.
His old stuff is what hooked me. He did fake ads like "spatula City"
Just like anyone that you listen to, you never agree on everything unless your an idiot. Funny listening to a news reporter saying Rush tells Trump what to do. It was one of the big three last weekend. A real idiotic statement. I mean, can you imagine anyone telling Trump what to do? :D
He's just fun to listen to and I certainly don't agree with him all the time.
His show is about his opinions........ I would hope people get that.

He knew what he wanted to do and how to be successful. They had no clue what they lost. Well, I guess they do now. :D He's a self made man. Nobody gave him a radio show. He worked his way up.
He's a lot more conservative than I am, but he's fun to listen to. Ever listen to him talk to a caller from the dark side...... I mean a democrat. :D
He's polite and does his best to sway the person who doesn't like conservative values. When the caller is done, they always end on a friendly note.If you ever listen to a liberal radio show you are listening to foul mouthed venom. That's why liberal radio shows are so hard to find....... nobody listens to them and they fail time after time after time.
Check out the Stephany Miller Show. You will hurl at her nastiness.

One thing about people who don't like Rush........ they have never listened to him. Sound bites now and then, but never truly listening to him. You do have to listen a lot to understand him, especially when he speaks tongue in cheek. People that don't listen and understand him don't realize when he's sarcastic. He does it on purpose to screw with people............. and it's soo funny when they get suckered in. Regular listeners know when he's doing it.
I haven't listened to him much in that past few years. Radio in the van is toast and I only listen a bit in the morning.
His old stuff is what hooked me. He did fake ads like "spatula City"
Just like anyone that you listen to, you never agree on everything unless your an idiot. Funny listening to a news reporter saying Rush tells Trump what to do. It was one of the big three last weekend. A real idiotic statement. I mean, can you imagine anyone telling Trump what to do? :D
He's just fun to listen to and I certainly don't agree with him all the time.
His show is about his opinions........ I would hope people get that.
Don't forget he has had drug problems. They knew what they got rid of. A friend from here was a sports reporter at the same time. He said that Rush was rude, hateful and offensive. No one liked him. Many of the players would not talk to him and his writing was awful. Don't forget, the Star put up with Jason Whitlock. Rush just had no talent.

..............like 20 years ago and it keeps getting brought up. No talent? Talk for 3 hours straight and keep an audience of millions daily. If he wasn't interesting, he'd be off the air. Has anyone been on the radio waves longer than Rush?
How bou philanthropy?
https://www.forbes.com/2008/11/24/o...brity-biz-media-cz_dkr_1124charitycelebs.html

Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh ranked fourth on the Most Generous Celebrities List by donating $4.2 million, or approximately 13% of the $33 million he earned last year, to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, a charity that helps support the children of Marines or federal law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty.

No one cares.
I'm sure they don't. :rolleyes:
Hard to admit someone you hate is actually generous and caring without blowing his own horn. I never knew he'd done this.

You must have missed something, so I'll repeat it............ This guy who doesn't pay enough in taxes, donates 13% of his income?

Rush Limbaugh ranked fourth on the Most Generous Celebrities List by donating $4.2 million, or approximately 13% of the $33 million he earned last year, to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, a charity that helps support the children of Marines or federal law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty.

https://www.mc-lef.org/our-history/
MC-LEF History

The Marine Corps – Law Enforcement Foundation (MC-LEF) is created. Former Assistant Director in Charge of the New York Office, FBI, James K. Kallstrom is named Chairman of the Board of MC-LEF. Pete Haas becomes the first President of the Foundation.
      Oklahoma City Bombing
      Oklahoma City Bombing – results in MC-LEF’s first distribution of 32 scholarships awarded totaling $260,300.00.
      After just one year of fundraising, MC-LEF raises more than $400,000 and distributes 47 scholarships.
      USS Cole Bombing
      USS Cole Bombing- MC-LEF awarded in excess of $100,000.00 in scholarship support for the eligible children left behind from the attack.
      9/11 Terrorist Attacks & Invasion of Afghanistan
      After the terrorist attacks of September 11, fundraising more than doubled, totaling $1.6 million, a million dollar increase over the previous year.
      Invasion of Iraq
      U.S. begins invasion of Iraq; MC-LEF raises and distributes over $11 million worth of scholarships to 402 recipients.
      MC-LEF exceeds over $25 million in scholarships awarded throughout our history.
      MC-LEF exceeds over $50 million in scholarships throughout our history.
      Ed Boran is selected and becomes the second President of MC-LEF to replace retiring leader Pete Haas. Ed has been involved with MC-LEF since the FBI-USMC inception and has dedicated years of service to our cause and success.
      MC-LEF exceeds over $67 million in scholarships and humanitarian aid.
      MC-LEF exceeds over $70 million in scholarships and humanitarian aid.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back