Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trump offered to drop the DACA issue for three years........... even tho that might be past his reign........... Pelosi said go jump in a lake, even if you tax the millionaires 70%..... We won't vote for anything you ask for even if it makes us look like total idiots. No compromise, no nothing if it gives you the slightest bit of positive press. Don't matter what you propose, Don. We will vote against it.
I believe that's and exact quote.............. but don't quote me on that. :D
Trump is losing his followers.

OK, .................I don't like Trump anymore. :p
Actually, I never liked him. I hate arrogance and egos, but I like what he's doing. I'd prefer someone else that would do exactly what Trump is doing.
Exact same things/different person.

I don't hate the rich. Hating the rich is hating ourselves for not being successful as they are. I don't care how much money they have. Nobody talks about the billionaires giving their vast wealth away.
..........ooooooh, they do it for the tax deduction they say. BS:rolleyes: every buy a nice tool and the customer says "nice that you can deduct that" :rolleyes: Yes bitch, (insert defamation of choice) but I wouldn't buy it if I didn't need it. :mad: They make it seem like it's loophole or a free item.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge

How come nobody praises them for doing what's right? Truth is they can't do right, because they are still rich. :rolleyes:
Gotta check my Powerball ticket. I want to be hated so, so bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_United_States_federal_budget
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge

The US deficit is 779 billion. The rich people donating money to good causes is 735 billion.
I'm glad as hell they are putting their money to individual causes rather than giving it to the government via taxation. Government efficiency in relocating/re-appropriating money probably has 75% in administrative cost. You know as business people, that these people would not allow such losses in administrative costs.
Hurray for the rich! I love em even if they only pay me $2000 per week. :p

All he is doing is dividing the country and making the rich even more rich.
The base is still with him 'till the end. Pelosi and her cohorts are are doing the damage, not Trump. Had they simply agreed to the absolutely minuscule .1% increase in the federal budget for this portion of the wall we wouldn't even be discussing this. We'd be discussing his changing hair color or his club choice on a green or how nice the weather is. Political political political. This has zero to to with money and zero to do with the environment.
Without this divisive crap the wall would be getting built and the federal workers would be getting their regular checks.
I said it before. We need to fund the the next year's budget based on the previous years budget. If last year was 3 trillion, then the next year is 3 trillion guaranteed.
Debate the new budget increases as they might need to be, but for Gods sake, OK last years budget as a sure thing. This way federal workers and private contractors would be unaffected by this BS. Only additional projects like studying the endangered Amazon pink flying turtle would be affected.

Last edited:
Nobody has yet explained to me why Pelosi, Shumer, Biden, Clinton, Obama............

Two-thirds of the Republican-led House approved the bill, including 64 Democrats, and 80 of 100 senators approved the bill in the Senate.

Then-Sens. Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton were among the 26 Democrats who approved the bill. Supporters also included Sen. Chuck Schumer, who is set to take over leadership of the Senate for Democrats in 2016.

Other Democrats in the Senate who voted for the wall in 2006 are Sens. Barbara Boxer (Calif.), Sherrod Brown (Ohio—then in the House), Tom Carper (Del.), Dianne Feinstein (Calif.), Barbara Mikulski (Md.), Bill Nelson (Fla.), Debbie Stabenow (Mich.), and Ron Wyden (Ore.).

There are also a number of Democrat representatives still in the House who voted for the bill: Sanford Bishop (Ga.), Corrine Brown (Fla.), Michael Capuano (Mass.), Jim Cooper (Tenn.), Jim Costa (Calif.), Peter DeFazio (Ore.), Steve Israel (N.Y.), Ron Kind (Wis.), Daniel Lipinski (Ill.), Stephen Lynch (Mass.), Carolyn Maloney (N.Y.), Bill Pascrell Jr. (N.J.), Collin Peterson (Minn.), C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (Md.), Tim Ryan (Ohio), and Adam Smith (Wash.).

Former Democrat Rep. Barney Frank and now-disgraced former Democrat Rep. Anthony Weiner also voted for the bill.

Bush signed the bill into law Oct. 26, 2006. “This bill will help protect the American people,” he said. “This bill will make our borders more secure.”

Anyone have an explanation for this water/oil separation in viewpoints on the wall??? ..........except for political reasons.

t.jpg

Trump offered to drop the DACA issue for three years........... even tho that might be past his reign........... Pelosi said go jump in a lake, even if you tax the millionaires 70%..... We won't vote for anything you ask for even if it makes us look like total idiots. No compromise, no nothing if it gives you the slightest bit of positive press. Don't matter what you propose, Don. We will vote against it.
I believe that's and exact quote.............. but don't quote me on that. :D

High, you mean they're doing excatly what the bigot from kentucky -McConnell - said when Obama took office? You realize thats when the big divide started . Right?
Prior to we always hashed things out, give and take.
Quote"“Our No. 1 priority is to make this president a one-term president,”’ . And not vote for anythng he wants.

Last edited:
High, you mean they're doing excatly what the bigot from kentucky -McConnell - said when Obama took office? You realize thats when the big divide started . Right?
Prior to we always hashed things out, give and take.
Quote"“Our No. 1 priority is to make this president a one-term president,”’ . And not vote for anythng he wants.
It's stupid for either side to vote against anything and everything the other party wants. What's happening now is retaliation and that's not a way to fix anything. It's a way to make sure this game continues for eternity.
Trump initially said he was building a wall along the entire border.......... a concrete wall. A HUGE concrete wall. He's gone from that to a steel fence type barrier and reduced it to a few hundred miles, where it will be the most effective.
He compromised a lot.

There are multiple reasons why Pelosi & the Democrats will not cave: it is not a feasible or necessary expenditure (especially when there are things we *can* fix with funding in the right places), caving would be like negotiating with a terrorist- Trump is using extortion & using federal employees as hostages, and furthermore Trump's agreements aren't worth anything. He's a habitual contract violator/liar who keeps changing the "deal". He'll say one thing, and then contradict it or deny it later. Case in point: he said he was proud to shut down the government, that he would own it, and he would not blame the Democrats. So what did he do? He turned around and did the opposite. You can't make deals with someone who doesn't hold up their end of the bargain. It's like paying ransom to kidnappers when you know they are most likely going to kill the captive once they get the $.

I do agree that it doesn't help anyone when both sides refuse to approve of anything the other side proposes. It's like the "Whatever it is, I'm against it" song of Groucho Marx. This division started before Obama was president. It started I think in the 80s or 90s when (I think it was Newt Gingrich) started pushing for a divide- said that the GOP shouldn't agree to anything the Democrats proposed no matter what it was and that the two sides shouldn't even fraternize with one another. I don't know why anyone listened to him, but the Democrats retaliated in kind. The push on both sides to go farther left and farther right has really caused havoc. The middle ground & actual collaboration is being scorned. I remember when Huntsman ran for president & he was criticized for having worked as an Ambassador under Obama-- as if that was somehow a betrayal of the Republican party. Contrary to their oaths of office they are putting party over country (both sides are guilty of this). The $ from lobbyists also didn't help.

I don't hate the wealthy, but I do think that there are a few corrupt individuals in the top 1% who bribe politicians to vote in their favor to the detriment of the rest of the country. Multibillionaires who just hoard $ while having inhumane policies & treatment for employees-- refusing to pay living wages & finding loopholes to get around rules for OSHA and Department of Labor. I've seen some people who want to make it illegal to earn more than a certain amount of $ because it's more than they will ever spend- I disagree with that. I also don't think anyone should ever be charged more than 45% of their income in taxes no matter how rich they are (and 45 is very steep, IMO). But, I don't think we need to have laws that make it so billionaires get huge tax breaks not afforded to people who make less $ and for the middle class to bear the brunt of the tax burden.

As an aside, I'm trying to find documentation that shows the original Deportable Alien Control System (DACS) to see what the rules were- and to see the writing style since my father was one of the creators of it and literally wrote the original manual for it (but as far as I know all the printed copies were destroyed under Meissner). I remember when he was applying for a transfer and got a message back that he wasn't qualified for the position because he hadn't taken the class to be trained in the DACS. He pointed out that it said in his resume that he created DACS- they said it didn't matter, he had to have the training. That is how ridiculous the system is/was.

Latest posts

Back