Job & a half

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloorMaven

Just finished this 500 sf glue down job where I had to undercut all walls but 10 lf. Concrete slump block, concrete wall, drywall...

No big deal right? Except the product is Kahrs woodloc.

undercut-slump-block.jpg

glue-down-kahrs-maple.jpg

Im not familiar with the product but it looks horrible, not the installation of course, that would be horribly rude of me. The flooring itself looks like a cheap laminate. Why in gods name would they make an engineered product that looks like all shorts AND you have to glue it!?!?!?!? Someone should totally get fired for designing this one, haha. Again, NOTHING against the installation, simply the product.

Im not familiar with the product...

No? Yeah?

Why in gods name would they make an engineered product that looks like all shorts AND you have to glue it!?!?!?!?

Kährs said:
Kährs was the first company in the world to introduce a mechanical and glue-free joint system – Woodloc®.

The benefits were clear: it was quick and easy to install, required no adhesive and it produced a perfect finish. Now Kährs is introducing the next generation – Woodloc® 5S. This new system features a special locking tongue, allowing
floors to be installed even more quickly and providing a joint that is around 25% stronger than its predecessor. The new joint also allows up to a 75% larger area to be installed without an expansion joint.

Kährs floors with Woodloc® 5S can also be glued down onto concrete floors. Special installation instructions can be downloaded at www.kahrs.com
Kährs install instructions

As for shorts, there's no accounting for taste but the customer loved the variation.

Come to think of it, I have seen this product before. I have personally never installed it but I think in this area it was losing popularity as I was getting into the game. If it werent for all the shorts it may look better but good lord I couldnt imagine having to stare at it. Youre a better man than I, lol.

Honestly, my mind is not tuned to make those kinds of judgments. Problem free install, customer is happy, check clears- is normally all that concerns me.

Latest posts

Back