Workout

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Anyone else have a workout routine? Over the last few months when I am not working, I walk 3 miles a day and lift weights. I have dropped 30 lbs and about 3" off my waist. Haven't felt this good in years.

I need to start something. Quit smoking about 8 months ago after 30 years. I've put on almost 10 pounds and all in the gut. Don't like it.

Try a part-time job at UPS. One helluva workout. I call it the UPS weight loss system.

Btw, Rusty, good job!

I am up to 4 miles a day and have lost 37 lbs.
When I read this topic for the first time, I didn't get around to replying.
Congratulations, Rusty, that takes will power. I have been lucky I guess with my weight staying in the range of 212 to 218 for probably 10 or 15 years. 200 would probably be better, but unlike a lot of people in this town, (especially Walmart) I easily fit through the cash register aisle with plenty of room to spare. :D
I'm around 6' 3", so I don't think my weight is too far from bein OK. I make up for drinkin regular beer, by drinking diet pop. ;)
My nephew Nick, has lost a lot of weight. He walks from his job in the neighboring town to a place his friend lives to catch a ride home each day. I think it's a good 5 miles, and 5 days per week. He's my height, but he's skinny now.
His brother and girlfriend are in town this weekend showin off his new offspring. They are staying in a yurt at a local campground next to the beach.
Nick was over at the yurt after work yesterday to stay over night with them.
When he changed out of his work shirt, I could see how much weight he has lost. WOW, it can be done. He used to be a chunky kid, so I have no idea what he weighs. I'll ask him later today.

Congratulations Rusty, I know it takes a lot of work and will power.

Have now lost 44 lbs.
Can ya jump around a little bit or do some jumping jacks so I can see ya.
The warning sign Rusty, is when you have to jump around in the shower to get wet........... so be careful.:D

My hat's off to you. You have found it within yourself to keep with it. Most health or weight loss attempts become just that, and it takes a lot of willpower to make it a new lifestyle. Pretty neat Rusty.

I was helping a friend today spraying texture mud in a sewing room. I think the premix boxes of mud were 48 lbs.................. dang that's a lot. That will be so darn beneficial to your knees.

Around here, I see too many overweight people with canes or on scooters in stores. First thing that comes to my mind is: What would happen to their mobility problems if they lost 50 or 90lbs. I bet back and knee problems would be drastically reduced.

I have been pretty darn lucky I guess, never paying attention to my weight. I've been between 212 and 218 for 15 or 20 years. I hit 225 at one point tho, and boy could I tell a difference. I'm around 6' 3"ish
This is one situation where less is usually more.
Congratulations Rusty on your commitment to your health. It's honestly, very impressive to hear the progress............. also good to hear you aren't dong a fad diet. Slow and consistent is good.

Do you have a target weight or just doing what feels right?

Just wherever it stops. I really enjoy the walks and workout. Wish I had time to do more. Still nowhere near skinny. I had reached 272 lbs and am still 228.

Where I walk outside.

010.jpg

Looks like a great place to walk and enjoy the fresh air.
I can't walk outside right now. Without scuba tanks it would be hard to breath........ Oregon is really livin up to it's reputation the past few days. Sounds like it's rainin at the inch per hour rate as I type. Probably won't continue long tho. It ought to steady off and be "normal rain" the rest of the night.

Last night the power went out for 5 hours. I'm sure a lot longer for a lot of people in town and up and down the coast. The winds were a howlin big time directly on the coast yesterday. I think one place north of here had 90+ winds or a gust Pretty breezy yesterday and last night. I'm about 5 miles inland, so the small hills really buffet the winds to a livable scale.
Thanksgiving is supposed to be dry, so that's good.

Purdy picture Rusty. That got a walking trail all the way around it?

Latest posts

Back