Firefox?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
Anybody else have trouble with Firefox since it has been updated?
Pages freeze, will not will not load etc, type something and have to wait a few seconds before the type shows on the screen etc
Or is it just me? 11 seconds waiting for the question mark to show after I typed ?

{Explorer works fine, I just added this with Explorer and all is normal}

Last edited:
When I had my computer geek (kinda like a Nick, but with no personality) show me what Chrome was using he showed me what Chrome was doing with the information being sent and received every minute. He said Google is learning every keystroke and ad that I look at, how many seconds I view it, and sell this information to interested parties. Once I moved to Firefox, my CPU was virtually working at 1%, when Chrome was working at 60%.

Quantum has even more security features in it . Like sites can't track you .

I know of one person using it now . He likes it . I'm going to wait and see if he gets any bugs .. Will keep everyone updated ..

I just tried Firefox on Windows 10, Firefox hasn't tried to update yet, and everything is fine
Wonder if Windows 8 and Firefox doesn't like each other
Nick do you reckon I should try to get an older copy of Firefox for the Win 8 puter and start again?
Trying this bit with Chrome and Chrome seems all okay

Last edited:
You have to download Quantum from the link i posted Jon. You're suppose to be able to import your Bookmarks to Quantum .

Quantum uses a different engine then the old FF .. Basely it is a different platform .. After you get Quantum on and straitened out delete the old version of FF ..

Nick I Googled Firefox help and it seems other are having problems
One post and others have mentioned bookmarks going etc
Firefox microfreezing every few seconds

Yesterday Firefox decided to upgrade itself to Quantum. Since then it is constantly micro-freezing every few seconds. It works fine for a few seconds, then lags for a few seconds, then repeats. During the freezes I can't click anything, can't type anything, can't scroll, or anything. Even typing this message is taking twice as long as it should.

I've searched for the problem and done all the suggested fixes. I've disabled hardware acceleration, started the browser in safe mode, disabled all plugins, but none of these helps. Is there anything else I can try? The previous version of Firefox didn't have this problem.

Trying to type something
Guess what?
It seems to be fixed
I wonder why the link you gave me works whereas Firefoxs auto download is s...t?
Thanks Nick
Once again you are the man :D

The auto update is the old version. My friend did it last week and lost sound to his desktop speakers , But not his headset .. Still working on that with him..

They just can't leave well enough alone .. :mad:

Got rid of Quantum and downloaded an old version of Firefox which seems all good BUT now it wants to auto update. I turned the puter off so I hope I have stopped it
I agree why can't they leave things alone
Googled how to stop the auto update and nobody seems to know how to stop the update even though they have clicked No update

I have auto updates turned off . They have to ask if i want it first .

What OS are you running ?

Yes I have the updates turned off but as I mentioned above everybody seems to be having trouble with Firefox still updating BUT it hasn't tried again yet Do I trust it? NO
Windows 8
After downloading an old Firefox everything like bookmarks fell back into place
Have you tried doing this with your friends puter?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back