Gas

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CONTEXT is everything. Yeah, oil production is trending up in the U.S. But what is that in the context of GLOBAL demand and how might that effect prices. if you don't have any idea. Get one. Yes, we can make gas from thin air. Yes, hydrogen and electric vehicles can in theory replace our dependence on petroleum. But ask yourself this. Are the world's most sophisticated investors and the world's most sophisticate energy experts going to be drilling in the arctic, many miles beneath the ocean and sucking tar from sand--------tens and hundreds of BILLIONS, if not TRILLIONS in infrastructure investment if we're not in a world of shit when it comes to Peak Oil Theory.

http://www.businessinsider.com/photos-destructive-canada-oil-sands-2012-10?op=1#ixzz2A9EplXaW

Sweet..........

Company chiefs say they have produced five litres of petrol in less than three months at a small refinery in Stockton-on-Tees, Teesside by removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

That will last me personally on a good day............ so what about the rest of the billion people driving?
Pie in the sky like windfarms and solar.

Sweet..........

Company chiefs say they have produced five litres of petrol in less than three months at a small refinery in Stockton-on-Tees, Teesside by removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.

That will last me personally on a good day............ so what about the rest of the billion people driving?
Pie in the sky, just like windfarms and solar. They have their place, but will never get to 20% if they are lucky enough to get the grants.
..................we all know how successful they have been.:rolleyes:

Daris, I just now realized the story was from "thesun.co.UK"
..............enough said. Ya had me goin there..... :D

on articles like this, it is so fun to read the comments.

the problem is when this technology is upgraded to massive scale projects, there won't be enough carbon dioxide one day to run them, on top of that trees will die out because carbon dioxide is food to trees, and the waste product it produces, oxygen will disappear. it maybe "pioneering" but its in the wrong direction.
Too funny and soo true.

$3.89 here........... it's probably gonna be that way at Thanksgiving too. A week and a half ago it was $4.14 and it dropped in a day or two to $3.89 Kinda strange to see it drop fast. It's stayed there and pending a miracle, I don't see it dropping much more. I think all of our stations are owned by a just couple oil distributors, so they don't have a lot of incentive to price fight. Our prices don't fluctuate much. :(

Always drops like a dog feces come election time. That way they steer clear of most rhetoric. But, this time I doubt it is going to help them much. The public is sick of their manipulation.

Always drops like a dog feces come election time. That way they steer clear of most rhetoric. But, this time I doubt it is going to help them much. The public is sick of their manipulation.

..so why don'tcha fix it all up by joining an 'occupy' group and make a difference in the world. :D

I found this to be generally related to the assertions of the journalists who wrote the article in your link. http://www.theoildrum.com/node/9569

My take away from both articles------Sell energy and buy the drillers.

Mark Twain was famous for saying that a gold mine is nothing but a hole in the ground with a bunch of liars standing around at the surface.

From what I'm reading LOTS of these energy company plays are just holes in the ground with a bunch of sleazy stock and bond market fraudsters standing around atop it only they're connected to the New York Stock Exchange, Wall Street Journal and they're pumping those WORTHLESS paper assets (stocks and bonds) into your state teachers, police and firefighter pension funds.

I guess a man's got to make a living somehow. Makes me kind of proud to work with the tools and actually do something useful........most of the time.

I had a couple chili/refried bean burrito's the other night. I could have powered several barbeques. The wife made me go sleep on the couch. :confused:

It's still dropping. $3.51 here and the neighboring town 5 miles from me has a station selling at $3.45
Wow, and to even imagine I am happy with $3.50 :eek:
$3 would make me happy.
...free gas for life would make me even happier. :D

Latest posts

Back