Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd picture I took today

Have you had much rain this winter? Around here the water levels come up and that green slimy stuff goes away until the water starts warming up during summer.

I've noticed some of them honkers flyin over recently. In pairs, but no flocks.

That's what we were seeing. Pretty amazing.

I found em Darol. These were buried in my old HD file.
I like the first one. It's of a green flash. It's sometimes happens when conditions are just right....... not an every day thing. It's a bit of green that briefly appears around the upper edges or directly over the sun. Usually see em in fall and winter when the air is cool and clear. The green flash happens for just a couple of seconds right as the last part of the sun disappears. You will never see one when the entire sun is still visible on the horizon
............ and staring at the sun isn't a real bright thing to do anyway. That's why I use a camera.
I saw a blue one once. I think those are pretty rare.
The other two are just distortion. I took these shots seconds apart and changed the exposure a little. It's always hit and miss. I think the distortion happens in the same sort of way as heat waves blur things on a hot highway.

a0010 greenflash ps_filtered.jpg

a0008  Layered sunset 1 ph_filtered.jpg

a0009 layered sunset 2 ps_filtered.jpg

Last edited:
You clever highup :)

Naw.................. Just there at the right times and waiting for 'whatever' to happen.
A decent lens helps, and those are enlarged via a bit of cropping.
How far you gotta go to get an evening sunset photo over the ocean?

Naw.................. Just there at the right times and waiting for 'whatever' to happen.
A decent lens helps, and those are enlarged via a bit of cropping.
How far you gotta go to get an evening sunset photo over the ocean?

Ocean about 5 mins but the sun sets to the right behind the hill so that ocean is prob 1/2 hour away
It don't take long to get anywhere in NZ compared to you guys
http://maps.yellow.co.nz/#p=map&to=8+Eban+Avenue,+Hillcrest,+Auckland+0627,+New+Zealand :)

Have you had much rain this winter? Around here the water levels come up and that green slimy stuff goes away until the water starts warming up during summer.

I've noticed some of them honkers flyin over recently. In pairs, but no flocks.

We are still having a severe drought. Supposed to get a little rain today, but not enough to make much difference.

Hey Ernesto. In this photo, both these landscape features have a hole about the same elevation and location in the eroded stone.
These two hills look like lizards heads and the holes are the eyes. (yeah, I see stuff in clouds too)

Are those two things man made caves, or are they something I need to ask Art Bell about?

Ya noticed, no way man made down there. To access them you'd need ropes from the top prpbably. It would be fun to chek'em out though.

Ya noticed, no way man made down there. To access them you'd need ropes from the top prpbably. It would be fun to chek'em out though.

I was thinkin along the lines of ancient cave dwellers or the way SW Indians that made homes in cliffs. Besides, rope was made from hemp, right. .......and people with hemp would do that kinda stuff. :D

Just seemed odd that both those slopes had 'pock marks' at the same elevations in the rock layers and they are a long ways apart.

This unedited image was taken with a tripod mounted in the Pacific Ocean during a winter sunset in White Rock, British Columbia, Canada. Taken at the moment a rock was thrown into the water.

What Makes This a Photo of the Day? I find this photograph a lot of fun—and clever. Though the elements are simple—water, sun, and a splash effect—together they create the illusion of fire.

sunset-splash-canada_63712_990x742.jpg

This unedited image was taken with a tripod mounted in the Pacific Ocean during a winter sunset in White Rock, British Columbia, Canada. Taken at the moment a rock was thrown into the water.

What Makes This a Photo of the Day? I find this photograph a lot of fun—and clever. Though the elements are simple—water, sun, and a splash effect—together they create the illusion of fire.

I wish I was strong enough to throw a rock that big into the water.
.......then you could nick name me Lance. :D

Latest posts

Back