Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved All in The Family, best show of all time. Hands down.
The irony in people finding the show inappropriate is that Archie was developed to be a loud mouth bigot.... im not sure how people got those wires crossed.

Monday night, CBS is doing a show on the "Tulsa Massacre of 1921" Just to give one example of how the story has changed. In the official coroner's report at the time, 39 died. 26 black and 13 white. The story has been changed now to say that 300 blacks died. Just one of the facts that has been altered to make "whitey" evil.

It’s gotten to the point where you’re not allowed to have an opinion anymore unless it is politically correct and doesn’t offend anybody. If you know the song then you know I just wanted a Pepsi. Just one Pepsi

I loved All in The Family, best show of all time. Hands down.
The irony in people finding the show inappropriate is that Archie was developed to be a loud mouth bigot.... im not sure how people got those wires crossed.
I agree it was a really good show and it was one of the first to break all the rules. Somehow everyone loved that show.
In my community there is a portion of it that many years ago became known as Eastside. It's across the bay from where I live.
A number of times over the years I worked for a Japanese-American couple that were wonderful people. I got close enough that I referred to them as The Jeffersons. Their last name was Hiri. Their names were George and Louise......... and they moved on up, .......to the Eastside.
They thought it was funny too.

If you do, I hope it's something like a Bugatti Veyron or an Enzo Fararri and it gets totaled. I don't want you to get killed by a Datsun B 210 hatchback. That just wouldn't be right. 😁

I dated a gal that had a Datsun Honey Bee with those funky lookin hubcaps. Who knew how good things were back then. $500 POS car that got 40 mpg. The wife n I have a couple Chevy Sparks. They get a solid 40 mpg to the gallon and you have to think about it and get a run at it before you go to pass somebody on the freeway. Not much different than a Datsun with the exception of having AC, power windows and a few other modern amenities.

I was taking a trip down memory lane with a buddy yesterday and back in the day his brother used to deliver pizzas in a Monte Carlo. Just think about trying to do that today at $3 a gallon.

Honey bee and Sparks........
I've been a Chevy guy since birth and I've never heard of either of those.
I'm guessing a 396 big block or a 427 horse 427 was not an option on those models. 😁

Back when the Chevy Vega first came out, a friend bought one. He took me for a ride. The thing was so underpowered, it felt like you hit a wall when the AC was turned on.

Back when the Chevy Vega first came out, a friend bought one. He took me for a ride. The thing was so underpowered, it felt like you hit a wall when the AC was turned on.
They've improved AC considerably. I don't think air conditioning even hurts your gas mileage anymore.... notuch anyway.
Vegas, modified with a tubular steel frame and a roll cage could be turned into some pretty hot drag cars.
You would of course, have to replace the aluminum engine with a real engine.

You wouldn't want to go up hills unless Barney was riding with you.

And Dino in the back. My wife n I drove that car to Yellowstone a few years ago. Excellent car for road trips. Fully loaded it will still do 90 but your mileage will drop down to the 30s. Do the ol double nickel and you will get upper 40s for mpg. Not bad for a car that costs 15k brand new. The only downside to the car is it has one of them CV transmissions like a snowmobile. Floor it at a green light, RPMs go sky high while the car accelerates to catch up with the RPMs. Takes some getting used to but then again so does driving a van if you’re not used to that.

They've improved AC considerably. I don't think air conditioning even hurts your gas mileage anymore.... notuch anyway.
Vegas, modified with a tubular steel frame and a roll cage could be turned into some pretty hot drag cars.
You would of course, have to replace the aluminum engine with a real engine.
Back in another lifetime, I had a Falcon with the 200 6 "stock" that I ran on the strip. It would beat 283 Chevy V-8s

I just don't fold up and fit in those little cars like I used to. I am very comfortable in my 1500 Serria Denali with a 6.2L gas and all wheel drive. Not getting 40 mpg, but i feel pretty good about the 18.5-19 mpg I do get. Not bad for a 400 HP truck.

Oh, I might add that's without GM's cylinder deactivating garbage that results in early burning of engine oil.

I just don't fold up and fit in those little cars like I used to. I am very comfortable in my 1500 Serria Denali with a 6.2L gas and all wheel drive. Not getting 40 mpg, but i feel pretty good about the 18.5-19 mpg I do get. Not bad for a 400 HP truck.

Oh, I might add that's without GM's cylinder deactivating garbage that results in early burning of engine oil.
The one thing about today's car engines is how they're able to achieve power and still get mileage.
Does yours have cylinder deactivation? High top they tried that with the Cadillacs back in the '80s and it was a total flop.

Latest posts

Back